FYI - I think this is the longest I've gone without a Security bulletin

FYI - I think this is the longest I've gone without a Security bulletin

Post by Susan Bradley, CPA aka » Thu, 23 Jan 2003 12:45:30

          Revised: Microsoft Security Bulletin - MS02-069
     Date:
          Tue, 21 Jan 2003 16:31:19 -0500

This bulletin has been revised.
V1.0 (December 11, 2002): Bulletin Created.
V1.1 (December 12, 2002): FAQ updated to provide additional references
regarding using the Windows Update Catalog.
V1.2 (January 17, 2003): FAQ updated to correct link errors.

Full bulletin details available at;
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS02-069.asp

Cheers,
Russ - Surgeon General of TruSecure Corporation/NTBugtraq Editor

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Delivery co-sponsored by Prometric - More than testing, learning.
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

http://www.prometric.com

Prometric, part of The Thomson Corporation, is the leader in
technology-enabled testing and assessment services for information
technology certification, academic admissions, professional licensure
and
certifications, computer-based driver's licensing, and corporate
testing.

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

and this one is just a revision

FYI - I think this is the longest I've gone without a Security bulletin

Post by Kevin Weilbache » Thu, 23 Jan 2003 14:23:30

You think this is a long time?  What about us Tampa Bay Buc football fans
who endured decades of ridicule? But now we are in the Super Bowl.  What's
that, you say ?  Football is played with a round ball, using your head and
feet?  Oh, then maybe the Tampa Bay Bucs will get a first round bye in the
next World Cup tournament!

:-)
kw

Subject: FYI - I think this is the longest I've gone without a Security
bulletin

FYI - I think this is the longest I've gone without a Security bulletin

Post by Dan Beal » Thu, 23 Jan 2003 18:41:34

<snip>

British Virus writer receives prison sentance:-
http://zdnet.com.com/2110-1105-981442.html

I thought you might find this mildly interesting.

--
Dan Beale

FYI - I think this is the longest I've gone without a Security bulletin

Post by Al William » Fri, 24 Jan 2003 01:05:04

Regarding MS02-069 and SBS 4.5.

It seems the only way to get the patch is to use Windows update (which I
like to avoid on the server).  Reading the FAQ, it indicates you can use the
Windows update product catalog to download the update files, but that option
does not list NT 4.0 as one of the OS's to choose.

Should I just use Windows update?

--
Allan Williams

>           Revised: Microsoft Security Bulletin - MS02-069
>      Date:
>           Tue, 21 Jan 2003 16:31:19 -0500

> This bulletin has been revised.
> V1.0 (December 11, 2002): Bulletin Created.
> V1.1 (December 12, 2002): FAQ updated to provide additional references
> regarding using the Windows Update Catalog.
> V1.2 (January 17, 2003): FAQ updated to correct link errors.

> Full bulletin details available at;
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS02-069.asp

> Cheers,
> Russ - Surgeon General of TruSecure Corporation/NTBugtraq Editor

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Quote:

> Delivery co-sponsored by Prometric - More than testing, learning.

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Quote:

> http://www.prometric.com

> Prometric, part of The Thomson Corporation, is the leader in
> technology-enabled testing and assessment services for information
> technology certification, academic admissions, professional licensure
> and
> certifications, computer-based driver's licensing, and corporate
> testing.

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Quote:

> and this one is just a revision

FYI - I think this is the longest I've gone without a Security bulletin

Post by Gary Karasi » Fri, 24 Jan 2003 02:04:48

It's 5.07mb. If you're email system will allow a file that size, send me
your email address, and  I'll email you the update.

GaryK

> Regarding MS02-069 and SBS 4.5.

> It seems the only way to get the patch is to use Windows update (which I
> like to avoid on the server).  Reading the FAQ, it indicates you can use
the
> Windows update product catalog to download the update files, but that
option
> does not list NT 4.0 as one of the OS's to choose.

> Should I just use Windows update?

> --
> Allan Williams

> >           Revised: Microsoft Security Bulletin - MS02-069
> >      Date:
> >           Tue, 21 Jan 2003 16:31:19 -0500

> > This bulletin has been revised.
> > V1.0 (December 11, 2002): Bulletin Created.
> > V1.1 (December 12, 2002): FAQ updated to provide additional references
> > regarding using the Windows Update Catalog.
> > V1.2 (January 17, 2003): FAQ updated to correct link errors.

> > Full bulletin details available at;
> > http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS02-069.asp

> > Cheers,
> > Russ - Surgeon General of TruSecure Corporation/NTBugtraq Editor

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Quote:

> > Delivery co-sponsored by Prometric - More than testing, learning.

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Quote:

> > http://www.prometric.com

> > Prometric, part of The Thomson Corporation, is the leader in
> > technology-enabled testing and assessment services for information
> > technology certification, academic admissions, professional licensure
> > and
> > certifications, computer-based driver's licensing, and corporate
> > testing.

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Quote:

> > and this one is just a revision

FYI - I think this is the longest I've gone without a Security bulletin

Post by Gary Karasi » Tue, 28 Jan 2003 22:27:42

Al,

I emailed you the update. Did you get it?

GaryK

> Regarding MS02-069 and SBS 4.5.

> It seems the only way to get the patch is to use Windows update (which I
> like to avoid on the server).  Reading the FAQ, it indicates you can use
the
> Windows update product catalog to download the update files, but that
option
> does not list NT 4.0 as one of the OS's to choose.

> Should I just use Windows update?

> --
> Allan Williams

> >           Revised: Microsoft Security Bulletin - MS02-069
> >      Date:
> >           Tue, 21 Jan 2003 16:31:19 -0500

> > This bulletin has been revised.
> > V1.0 (December 11, 2002): Bulletin Created.
> > V1.1 (December 12, 2002): FAQ updated to provide additional references
> > regarding using the Windows Update Catalog.
> > V1.2 (January 17, 2003): FAQ updated to correct link errors.

> > Full bulletin details available at;
> > http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS02-069.asp

> > Cheers,
> > Russ - Surgeon General of TruSecure Corporation/NTBugtraq Editor

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Quote:

> > Delivery co-sponsored by Prometric - More than testing, learning.

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Quote:

> > http://www.prometric.com

> > Prometric, part of The Thomson Corporation, is the leader in
> > technology-enabled testing and assessment services for information
> > technology certification, academic admissions, professional licensure
> > and
> > certifications, computer-based driver's licensing, and corporate
> > testing.

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Quote:

> > and this one is just a revision

FYI - I think this is the longest I've gone without a Security bulletin

Post by Al William » Thu, 30 Jan 2003 06:05:43

Yes.  It seems it is the same update for all OSes.

Sorry about not replying - I though I had but must have forgot.

--
Allan Williams