Faxing can't see address book...?

Post by Ian Franci » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I have SBS 4.5 and a client PC running Win98se2 that is having a little
problem with faxing.  Up to about a week ago everything was fine but now
every time I fax I can't see my address book to select a recipient.  The
only way to use the faxing through the server is to type in the info
manually and then fax (not real serious but rather annoying).  No changes
were made to the PC at all lately so I'm really confused as to what has
happened.

Any ideas?

Ian Francis

Faxing can't see address book...?

Post by SBS-MV » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

In the Outlook
Tools > Services
Have you added the
1) Fax Address Book

Cris Hanna SBS-MVP

  I have SBS 4.5 and a client PC running Win98se2 that is having a little
  problem with faxing.  Up to about a week ago everything was fine but now
  every time I fax I can't see my address book to select a recipient.  The
  only way to use the faxing through the server is to type in the info
  manually and then fax (not real serious but rather annoying).  No changes
  were made to the PC at all lately so I'm really confused as to what has
  happened.

  Any ideas?

  Ian Francis

Faxing can't see address book...?

Post by Ian Franci » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Still nothing.  All other PCs on the network have the Outlook address book there (just like the PC in question).  Whenever I select the "address book" button nothing happens... it just sits there for a minute.

Ian

  In the Outlook
  Tools > Services
  Have you added the
  1) Fax Address Book

  Cris Hanna SBS-MVP

    I have SBS 4.5 and a client PC running Win98se2 that is having a little
    problem with faxing.  Up to about a week ago everything was fine but now
    every time I fax I can't see my address book to select a recipient.  The
    only way to use the faxing through the server is to type in the info
    manually and then fax (not real serious but rather annoying).  No changes
    were made to the PC at all lately so I'm really confused as to what has
    happened.

    Any ideas?

    Ian Francis

Faxing can't see address book...?

Post by Mariett » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi,

I have read somewhere that you should run \program files\office\outlook.exe /checkclient (not 100% sure of this). This has todo with Outlook not being the default e-mail app.

Bye
Mariette

[...]

1. address book doesn't start sending a fax

I have e BackOffice Small Business Server 4.5 with 10 clients using
Windows 98 and Outlook 2000.
Sending a fax the button "address book" does not work. The hard drive
moves a lot but nothing happens.
The Microsoft article Q239640 did not help me because I have just one
copy of mapi.dll.

Thanks,

Francesco

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Multiple cradles

3. SBS 4.5 Fax client won't open address book on win98

4. Software Development Possibilities for Tungsten W

5. Force Fax Server do not dial the +1 under Outlook's Address book

6. WTB: RSP7000

7. Fax address book in word won't show up

8. Help! Mediavision CDROM + GVP A500 SCSI?

9. No FAX ADDRESS in outlook address book

10. Outlook 2002 (POP3 no exchange) Address Book cannot be seen.

11. "Fax Address Book" and the "Fax Mail Transport" services

12. Outlook 'show this folder as an email address book' greyed out

13. FAX Can't add new address when sending a FAX