Newbie - need help to logon via modem

Post by Francis A. Lobresc » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I am new at this. Never administered a network.
How do I logon to the SBS server via modem?
What are the steps involved?
Do I need to load something on the Win98 workstation?
I can log on to NT with the userid from the SBS server.
I can dial in and log on, but it is not an NT logon.
Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
Francis Lobresco

Newbie - need help to logon via modem

Post by Cris Hanna, BS, MCP, MV » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

The windows98 remote machine must be configured in the network properties to
know that it is logging on to an NT server.

Client for Microsoft Networks
Dial-up Adapter
TCP/IP
File and Printer sharing for Microsoft Networks

Sounds like you have already created the DUN entry.

--
Cris Hanna, BS, MCP
SBS-MVP

Quote:>I am new at this. Never administered a network.
>How do I logon to the SBS server via modem?
>What are the steps involved?
>Do I need to load something on the Win98 workstation?
>I can log on to NT with the userid from the SBS server.
>I can dial in and log on, but it is not an NT logon.
>Any help appreciated.

>Thanks,
>Francis Lobresco

Newbie - need help to logon via modem

Post by Michael Moys » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Create a setup disk for the remote PC and run it on the remote PC.

1. Newbie - need help for logon via modem

I am new at this. Never administered a network.
How do I logon to the SBS server via modem?
What are the steps involved?
Do I need to load something on the Win98 workstation?
I can log on to NT with the userid from the SBS server.
I can dial in and log on, but it is not an NT logon.
Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
Francis Lobresco

2. Samba with a Windows 2000 Client/Server

3. Help for a newbie setting up SBS2K to allow remote access via leased line/routers

4. Ninja Gaiden

5. Newbie Seeking Help --- Using SAMBA with NULL MODEM....?

6. Efficient algorithm for median?

7. Exchange Misery- Need Help for newbie..

8. Newbie needs help setting up My Documents folder or just mapping home folder....

9. HELP PLEASE!! Proxy Server via Modem

10. Need Help. Another newbie invades.

11. Newbie to AD Needs help.

12. Newbie needs help