Upgrading from 4.0 to 4.5 when migrating from one computer to another.

Upgrading from 4.0 to 4.5 when migrating from one computer to another.

Post by Jim Aboo » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I have bought a new server with new hard drive.  I have already installed
4.0 and upgraded to 4.5 on it.  The above referenced knowledge base article
requires that 4.0 first be installed and all data transferred from the old
server before upgrading to 4.5.

Will it be a problem if I attempt to transfer data from 4.0 to 4.5?  The
only service that we really use is Exchange Server.

Upgrading from 4.0 to 4.5 when migrating from one computer to another.

Post by Tom Watso » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I just finished doing this and there are several issues.  I used the Migrate
Users and Exchange data transfer sections of the article you referenced.
Also you may want to set roaming profiles for users prior to taking down the
old system since you will have to remove each computer from the domain and
run the set-up computer wizard/disk for each workstation (the SID for the
domain changes).  Also be sure and set your shares the same on the new
server as they were on the old one.

Tom Watson
Quality Computer Solutions
Newport news, Va

Quote:> I have bought a new server with new hard drive.  I have already installed
> 4.0 and upgraded to 4.5 on it.  The above referenced knowledge base
article
> requires that 4.0 first be installed and all data transferred from the old
> server before upgrading to 4.5.

> Will it be a problem if I attempt to transfer data from 4.0 to 4.5?  The
> only service that we really use is Exchange Server.

1. Echange Server upgrade 4.0 to 5.5 failed when upgrading from SBS 4.0 to 4.5 Help?

Hello,

I have the following problem.
On a NT server with SP 6 and BackOffice SmallBusiness Server 4.0 I tried
to upgrade to SBS 4.5.

I worked fine, except for Exchange Server.
Altough I followed the guidelines as published int the installation manual
(I did stop Exchange Server before the upgrade etc..), while Exchange 5.5
an error was generated. There was an error while importing the data from
the old Exchange into the newer version. At this point Exchange setup
stopped,
an it said I could at any time reinstall Exchange 5.5 manually.

I tried, but without success.

When attempting reinstallation, it produces an error at at certain point,
mentionning a: "Probable cause: Replication was not completed."

I can't de-install Exchange Server (Add/Remove programs): It produces:
"An error occurred while trying to remove Microsoft Exchange. Uninstallation
has
been canceled."

Altough I can start the Exchange Administrator 5.5, services won't start.
I can't find any recipients in it.

In the configuration panel/services: Microsoft Exchange information store
does not start: When trying to start it, it says: Service returned a
specific error 2147746063

What should I do?

I am stuck! Any help is welcome!

Thanx in advance...

Nicolas Van Lancker

2. Help! Civilization ECS - HD Install

3. Upgrade SBS 4.0 to 4.5 after upgrading to full NT4 and Exchange???

4. Doesn't anybody use USR's I-Modem?

5. 4.0 to 4.5 upgrade - Exchange upgrade failed -HELP!!

6. Recommendation for scanners under $200? Umax?

7. migrating exchange to new SBS 4.5 computer

8. ptsnoop.exe

9. Need help migrating profiles from NT 4.0 to SBS 4.5

10. Migrating from Windows NT 4.0 to SBS 4.5

11. Migrating from 4.0 to 4.5...remind me again what to shut down!

12. Migrate from SBS 4.5 to NT 4.0

13. migrating from one PC to another for a hardware upgrade