License key problem during SBS 4.5 --> SBS 2000 upgrade

License key problem during SBS 4.5 --> SBS 2000 upgrade

Post by Chris » Sat, 10 Mar 2001 00:39:05

Recently received my technology guarantee upgrade pack from MS,
including my extra client add-pack.  For test purposes, I have rebuilt
an SBS 4.5 server and I am now testing the upgrade process to SBS
2000.

Problem...
During the upgrade setup routine run from within SBS 4.5 you are
initially asked for the Windows 2000 CD key as well as the Outlook /
Office 2000 CD key.

So, I enter the exact CD keys from the jewel cases provided to me with
the technology guarantee upgrade... and the setup program pops up the
following errors:

"The setup script file does not contain a valid CD key.  Contact your
system administrator for a valid CD key"

or

"The PID is invalid for this version of Windows 2000, provide teh PID
that came with the Windows 2000 CD"

I have tried interchanging the OL2000 and Windows 2000 CD keys
(thinking they were packaged wrong), but this doesn't help either.

The copy of SBS 4.5 I have installed is an original retail copy that
we purchased last year...  any ideas?

Note:
I left my original SBS 4.5 jewel case at another office during the
fresh install on my test machine - so I used the 00x-000000x install
key... would this be causing the problem?  If so, is there a
workaround?

Confused,
Chris

License key problem during SBS 4.5 --> SBS 2000 upgrade

Post by Larry Struckmeye » Sat, 10 Mar 2001 00:40:41

Hi Chris:

Can you as this in the SBS2K newsgroup

microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000

Larry Struckmeyer

> Recently received my technology guarantee upgrade pack from MS,
> including my extra client add-pack.  For test purposes, I have rebuilt
> an SBS 4.5 server and I am now testing the upgrade process to SBS
> 2000.

> Problem...
> During the upgrade setup routine run from within SBS 4.5 you are
> initially asked for the Windows 2000 CD key as well as the Outlook /
> Office 2000 CD key.

> So, I enter the exact CD keys from the jewel cases provided to me with
> the technology guarantee upgrade... and the setup program pops up the
> following errors:

> "The setup script file does not contain a valid CD key.  Contact your
> system administrator for a valid CD key"

> or

> "The PID is invalid for this version of Windows 2000, provide teh PID
> that came with the Windows 2000 CD"

> I have tried interchanging the OL2000 and Windows 2000 CD keys
> (thinking they were packaged wrong), but this doesn't help either.

> The copy of SBS 4.5 I have installed is an original retail copy that
> we purchased last year...  any ideas?

> Note:
> I left my original SBS 4.5 jewel case at another office during the
> fresh install on my test machine - so I used the 00x-000000x install
> key... would this be causing the problem?  If so, is there a
> workaround?

> Confused,
> Chris

License key problem during SBS 4.5 --> SBS 2000 upgrade

Post by Chris » Sat, 10 Mar 2001 00:48:50

Thank you - I will try that....

Chris

On Thu, 08 Mar 2001 10:40:41 -0500, Larry Struckmeyer

>Hi Chris:

>Can you as this in the SBS2K newsgroup

>microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000

>Larry Struckmeyer

>> Recently received my technology guarantee upgrade pack from MS,
>> including my extra client add-pack.  For test purposes, I have rebuilt
>> an SBS 4.5 server and I am now testing the upgrade process to SBS
>> 2000.

>> Problem...
>> During the upgrade setup routine run from within SBS 4.5 you are
>> initially asked for the Windows 2000 CD key as well as the Outlook /
>> Office 2000 CD key.

>> So, I enter the exact CD keys from the jewel cases provided to me with
>> the technology guarantee upgrade... and the setup program pops up the
>> following errors:

>> "The setup script file does not contain a valid CD key.  Contact your
>> system administrator for a valid CD key"

>> or

>> "The PID is invalid for this version of Windows 2000, provide teh PID
>> that came with the Windows 2000 CD"

>> I have tried interchanging the OL2000 and Windows 2000 CD keys
>> (thinking they were packaged wrong), but this doesn't help either.

>> The copy of SBS 4.5 I have installed is an original retail copy that
>> we purchased last year...  any ideas?

>> Note:
>> I left my original SBS 4.5 jewel case at another office during the
>> fresh install on my test machine - so I used the 00x-000000x install
>> key... would this be causing the problem?  If so, is there a
>> workaround?

>> Confused,
>> Chris

1. License key problem during SBS 4.5 --> SBS 2000 upgrade

[...]

2. Help with RIS server

3. SBS 4.5 --> SBS 2000 upgrade-License key problem

4. Q. Using Timer class w/Borland C++

5. Inplace Upgrade Win SBS 4.5 -> Win SBS 2000

6. Formating a 2 gig SCSI drive as HPFS???

7. Upgrade SBS 4.5 -> SBS 2000

8. developing dos apps under unix?

9. SBS 4.5 -> SBS 2000 - Testing Full System Restore Before Upgrade

10. upgrade from 4.0 -> 4.5->2000 -> 2003

11. Upgrade to Windows 2000 (NOT SBS 2000) Server from SBS 4.5

12. upgrade from SBS 4.5 to SBS 2000 problems

13. Problems Upgrading SBS 4.5 to SBS 2000 - Unable to access Drive C