Microsoft - SBS 2003 Server email question

Microsoft - SBS 2003 Server email question

Post by PMC » Sun, 25 Jun 2006 23:35:18

You can export the messages into a PST file as an archive.  Somewhat complx
to explain here but I can advise you (professionally) if you need additional
help.

> We're running SBS 2003 server.  We're finding that a lot more of our business
> is done via emails.  As a result our email accounts are getting larger.
> Legally we can't just delete emails when the jobs end.  We don't have the
> time (or space) to save every email.  Is there an inexpensive program that
> will work with Exchange?  Is there a simple way to save emails to a folder on
> our file server?

> --
> Dave

Microsoft - SBS 2003 Server email question

Post by SBS-MV » Sun, 25 Jun 2006 23:43:40

you pointed out that Space is an issue, so as long as space is an issue, you are going to have a situation

SBS 2003 with Service Pack 1 would then allow you to install Exchange 2003 SP2 which will allow your email store to grow from 16 GB to 75 GB or storage.

There are numerous programs available which will do archiving of email, but again, you have to have the space to store those archives

--
Cris Hanna [SBS-MVP]
--------------------------------------

  We're running SBS 2003 server.  We're finding that a lot more of our business
  is done via emails.  As a result our email accounts are getting larger.
  Legally we can't just delete emails when the jobs end.  We don't have the
  time (or space) to save every email.  Is there an inexpensive program that
  will work with Exchange?  Is there a simple way to save emails to a folder on
  our file server?

  --
  Dave

1. Migrating microsoft SBS 2000 exchange info to SBS 2003

Have a look at the MS migration docs here:
http://www.microsoft.com/WindowsServer2003/sbs/upgrade/default.mspx

I just completed one from SBS 4.5 and it worked fairly well.  You can do a
few users first and test and then do the rest.  Therer may be a limit on how
long the two server can co-exist on the domain though, so I don't think you
can do a long term test like that.  What I did was setup the server
separately with a couple of test PC's and got everything configured
beforehand (all SP's, WSUS, AV).

During the actual migration you may run into issues with ADMT during the
computer account migration part but generally they are warnings or errors
during the "agent" execution that can be ignored.  I only had one client
fail to migrate at the last step and I simply added it to the domain
manually.  The exchange mailbox transfer went flawlessly and did not affect
the source server (remember you must manually move the public folders).

--
Allan Williams

2. computer covers - anyone use them?

3. Expanding Business - SBS 2003 or Server 2003?

4. FS: Apple /// monitor(RARE) (Auction)

5. SBS Exchange 5.5 migration to Windows Server 2003 w/ Exchange 2003 on a new domain

6. wordpro save problem

7. SBS 2000 Server to SBS 2003 Server Migration

8. Move SBS 2003 Standard Data to new SBS 2003 Premium

9. SBS2003 MICROSOFT 2003 STANDARD SERVER

10. << WEBCAST Deploying and licensing Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003:>>

11. SBS 4.5 - Exchange 5.5 to SBS 2003 Exchange 2003 upgrade

12. Microsoft Small Business Server .NET 2003 Launch?