Proxy packet filters problem solved

Post by Jim Behni » Thu, 19 Oct 2000 09:15:44

I know I was not the only one who was having problems with packet
filters in MS Proxy. When I would turn on packet filters, SMTP traffic
was stuck. When packet filters were turned off the traffic left and
came as desired. We made sure that the external nic was not in the
LAT. We ended up clicking on the button that loads the default
filters. We added the predefined SMTP filter. We then added a custom
filter direction in, local port 25 and remote port any. We added a
second filter direction out, local port any and remote port 25. Remote
addresses for both were any. Note both the predefined SMTP filter and
adding custome filters solved the problem. When we tried just custom
filters the traffic would not flow.  I spent probably 8 or more hours
with Microsoft on this issue. Maybe whatever bug I am suffering will
be solved with SP2. Also not that the proxy service pack is supposed
to loaded after the NT service pack. This is contrary to the Technet
articles.

Jim B.

Proxy packet filters problem solved

Post by Pascoal Aita Net » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I have this exactly problem.
As use still the POP3 Gateway, I need to add one predefined filter POP3 in
and out for port 110, so that it functions.
Interesting of this the everything that after is made this, alone the
service IMS not start, having that to be inicializado manually.

Quote:> I know I was not the only one who was having problems with packet