Upgrade to windows 2000 not SBS 2000

Post by blahblahblah » Sat, 10 Mar 2001 13:18:49

I am currently running SBS 4.5 and I would like to purchase non SBS server
licenses for SQL 7,Exchange 2000 and windows 2000. Any thoughts on the best
method for doing this? I thought about creating new domain with windows 2000
licenses and transfering over exchange and sql data but since SBS does not
support trusts to other domains can I do this? If anyone has a knowledge
base article on this I would greatly appreciate it.

TIA

Upgrade to windows 2000 not SBS 2000

Post by Jeff Middleton [SBS-MVP » Sat, 10 Mar 2001 14:00:20

You add the new server to the same domain, make it a BDC, then shutdown the
SBS, then promote the BDC to PDC, then add the BO software, then solve the
BO upgrade issues.

Quote:> I am currently running SBS 4.5 and I would like to purchase non SBS server