ISA and Anti-virus updates

Post by Al » Mon, 07 Oct 2002 20:20:46

SBS Server has ISA installed and is using Packet
Filtering. The client PCs can connect to the Internet (via
Web Proxy) and can download Anti-virus updates (MS
FireWall Client installed). But the actual SBS/ISA cannot
have the FireWall Client installed, so cannot download the
anti-virus updates or use other services which are not
covered by the Web Proxy.

SBS does have two NICs, for Internal and External network.
How can ISA, network or Routing be configured to allow the
ISA access to these services?

ISA and Anti-virus updates

Post by vagabon » Mon, 07 Oct 2002 22:52:45

Set browser on ISA machine to use localhost:8080 as proxy.  Any CERN compliant apps should work fine.

--

vagabond

> SBS Server has ISA installed and is using Packet
> Filtering. The client PCs can connect to the Internet (via
> Web Proxy) and can download Anti-virus updates (MS
> FireWall Client installed). But the actual SBS/ISA cannot
> have the FireWall Client installed, so cannot download the
> anti-virus updates or use other services which are not
> covered by the Web Proxy.

> SBS does have two NICs, for Internal and External network.
> How can ISA, network or Routing be configured to allow the
> ISA access to these services?

1. Anti-Virus updating

I am having problems updating Network Associates Netshield.  I have tried
all options in the update properties but I don't seem to be able to
successfully stay connected and receive to update files.  This only seems to
have been a problem since the new release version.  Has anyone else
experienced this and how did you fix it.

2. computername in sysprep

3. anti-virus updates thru VPN

4. DB2/400 optimizer question

5. Backup Exec 7.3 SBS won't run backup after latest anti-virus update

6. Stanford Lossless JPEG code

7. Trend Micro Anti-virus has done well at catching viruses.

8. anti virus auto update

9. Anti virus on clients update definitions over proxy server settings

10. Anti-virus solution...?

11. Anti-Virus Solution ?

12. Recommended Anti-Virus Software for SBS and W95 clients?