problem Faxing Reports from MS Access97

problem Faxing Reports from MS Access97

Post by Bob » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00



One of my clients who has an SBS network used access as their primary line
of business application.  One of the key reasons they decided to switch from
standard NT Server to SBS was because of the fax/modem sharing feature.
However, when a user attempts to print an Access report to the Fax Server
the process is halted and an error is displayed which in short says the
Print Manager rejected the print.  Any ideas on why this happens and perhaps
how to fix it ?

Prior to SBS computers with modems could fax access reports just fine.
These 'don't ya knows' really make me look very bad to my client.
Especially when I can't explain why the damn thing won't work.

Please help me save my reputation...

 
 
 

problem Faxing Reports from MS Access97

Post by Grey Lancaster [Solutions » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00


In the past 11 months I have not seen anyone fax from access bet I can
recall
--
Grey, Microsoft MVP SBS
www.smallbizserver.com  (WebBoard/FAQ's)
http://web.infoave.net/~solutions/list.htm  (List Serve)


>One of my clients who has an SBS network used access as their primary line
>of business application.  One of the key reasons they decided to switch
from
>standard NT Server to SBS was because of the fax/modem sharing feature.
>However, when a user attempts to print an Access report to the Fax Server
>the process is halted and an error is displayed which in short says the
>Print Manager rejected the print.  Any ideas on why this happens and
perhaps
>how to fix it ?

>Prior to SBS computers with modems could fax access reports just fine.
>These 'don't ya knows' really make me look very bad to my client.
>Especially when I can't explain why the damn thing won't work.

>Please help me save my reputation...


 
 
 

problem Faxing Reports from MS Access97

Post by Bob » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00


What exactly does that mean ? I don't follow..

>In the past 11 months I have not seen anyone fax from access bet I can
>recall
>--
>Grey, Microsoft MVP SBS
>www.smallbizserver.com  (WebBoard/FAQ's)
>http://web.infoave.net/~solutions/list.htm  (List Serve)


>>One of my clients who has an SBS network used access as their primary line
>>of business application.  One of the key reasons they decided to switch
>from
>>standard NT Server to SBS was because of the fax/modem sharing feature.
>>However, when a user attempts to print an Access report to the Fax Server
>>the process is halted and an error is displayed which in short says the
>>Print Manager rejected the print.  Any ideas on why this happens and
>perhaps
>>how to fix it ?

>>Prior to SBS computers with modems could fax access reports just fine.
>>These 'don't ya knows' really make me look very bad to my client.
>>Especially when I can't explain why the damn thing won't work.

>>Please help me save my reputation...

 
 
 

problem Faxing Reports from MS Access97

Post by Grey Lancaster [Solutions » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00


supposed to be "best I can recall" meaning it appears that it can not be
done.  You must import/open the .mdb in excel and print it
--
Grey, Microsoft MVP SBS
www.smallbizserver.com  (WebBoard/FAQ's)
http://web.infoave.net/~solutions/list.htm  (List Serve)


>What exactly does that mean ? I don't follow..


>>In the past 11 months I have not seen anyone fax from access bet I can
>>recall
>>--
>>Grey, Microsoft MVP SBS
>>www.smallbizserver.com  (WebBoard/FAQ's)
>>http://web.infoave.net/~solutions/list.htm  (List Serve)


>>>One of my clients who has an SBS network used access as their primary
line
>>>of business application.  One of the key reasons they decided to switch
>>from
>>>standard NT Server to SBS was because of the fax/modem sharing feature.
>>>However, when a user attempts to print an Access report to the Fax Server
>>>the process is halted and an error is displayed which in short says the
>>>Print Manager rejected the print.  Any ideas on why this happens and
>>perhaps
>>>how to fix it ?

>>>Prior to SBS computers with modems could fax access reports just fine.
>>>These 'don't ya knows' really make me look very bad to my client.
>>>Especially when I can't explain why the damn thing won't work.

>>>Please help me save my reputation...

 
 
 

problem Faxing Reports from MS Access97

Post by Grey Lancaster [Solutions » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00


There you go, switch to NT WS.  There are some changes due out that fix some
other problems with faxing from 95, maybe they will help this access thing
also.

--
Grey, Microsoft MVP SBS
www.smallbizserver.com  (WebBoard/FAQ's)
http://web.infoave.net/~solutions/list.htm  (List Serve)


>Hi!

>I you get an answer to this problem, can you send it to me (because i am
>having the same problem; althought, only in Windows 95. In Windows NT
>Workstation 4.0, i can fax from access)?

>Many thanks.

>Mrio Amaral


>>One of my clients who has an SBS network used access as their primary line
>>of business application.  One of the key reasons they decided to switch
>from
>>standard NT Server to SBS was because of the fax/modem sharing feature.
>>However, when a user attempts to print an Access report to the Fax Server
>>the process is halted and an error is displayed which in short says the
>>Print Manager rejected the print.  Any ideas on why this happens and
>perhaps
>>how to fix it ?

>>Prior to SBS computers with modems could fax access reports just fine.
>>These 'don't ya knows' really make me look very bad to my client.
>>Especially when I can't explain why the damn thing won't work.

>>Please help me save my reputation...

 
 
 

problem Faxing Reports from MS Access97

Post by StarM├ędi » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00


Hi!

I you get an answer to this problem, can you send it to me (because i am
having the same problem; althought, only in Windows 95. In Windows NT
Workstation 4.0, i can fax from access)?

Many thanks.

Mrio Amaral


>One of my clients who has an SBS network used access as their primary line
>of business application.  One of the key reasons they decided to switch
from
>standard NT Server to SBS was because of the fax/modem sharing feature.
>However, when a user attempts to print an Access report to the Fax Server
>the process is halted and an error is displayed which in short says the
>Print Manager rejected the print.  Any ideas on why this happens and
perhaps
>how to fix it ?

>Prior to SBS computers with modems could fax access reports just fine.
>These 'don't ya knows' really make me look very bad to my client.
>Especially when I can't explain why the damn thing won't work.

>Please help me save my reputation...

 
 
 

problem Faxing Reports from MS Access97

Post by Bob » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00


In the real world it isn't very smart to tell one's client the only way to
fix a fax problem is to buy 20 copies of NT workstation.  It may be a
solution.  Hell, it may be the only solution, but I think it sucks a big
one.  MS Doesn't test their own products with one another.  Will I get a
different answer if I make one of those $195 calls to MS Tech Support ?  Or
will they tell me to cease using Win95 and upgrade to NT WS ?


>There you go, switch to NT WS.  There are some changes due out that fix
some
>other problems with faxing from 95, maybe they will help this access thing
>also.

>--
>Grey, Microsoft MVP SBS
>www.smallbizserver.com  (WebBoard/FAQ's)
>http://web.infoave.net/~solutions/list.htm  (List Serve)


>>Hi!

>>I you get an answer to this problem, can you send it to me (because i am
>>having the same problem; althought, only in Windows 95. In Windows NT
>>Workstation 4.0, i can fax from access)?

>>Many thanks.

>>Mrio Amaral


>>>One of my clients who has an SBS network used access as their primary
line
>>>of business application.  One of the key reasons they decided to switch
>>from
>>>standard NT Server to SBS was because of the fax/modem sharing feature.
>>>However, when a user attempts to print an Access report to the Fax Server
>>>the process is halted and an error is displayed which in short says the
>>>Print Manager rejected the print.  Any ideas on why this happens and
>>perhaps
>>>how to fix it ?

>>>Prior to SBS computers with modems could fax access reports just fine.
>>>These 'don't ya knows' really make me look very bad to my client.
>>>Especially when I can't explain why the damn thing won't work.

>>>Please help me save my reputation...

 
 
 

problem Faxing Reports from MS Access97

Post by Dan » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00


For what its worth, I'm unable to use the modem client and WinFax 8.0 on a
Windows 98 machine to fax anything.


>One of my clients who has an SBS network used access as their primary line
>of business application.  One of the key reasons they decided to switch
from
>standard NT Server to SBS was because of the fax/modem sharing feature.
>However, when a user attempts to print an Access report to the Fax Server
>the process is halted and an error is displayed which in short says the
>Print Manager rejected the print.  Any ideas on why this happens and
perhaps
>how to fix it ?

>Prior to SBS computers with modems could fax access reports just fine.
>These 'don't ya knows' really make me look very bad to my client.
>Especially when I can't explain why the damn thing won't work.

>Please help me save my reputation...

 
 
 

problem Faxing Reports from MS Access97

Post by Michae » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00



>In the real world it isn't very smart to tell one's client the only way to
>fix a fax problem is to buy 20 copies of NT workstation.

I can see your point, but I imagine most would argue it wasn't smart to let
them go with win 95 in the first place :o)

--
Michael.

 
 
 

problem Faxing Reports from MS Access97

Post by Cablecom News Serve » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00


I'm sorry, I haven't a better solution, but the same problem.

As I installed the SBS, I could send faxes from Access. A few
days later, I realy don't know what I've made, the error witch
you describe occurs. I installed the fax client again, but the
error still remains. First I didn't realize that the problem only
occurs in Access.

If you find a solution (other than installing Windows NT WS)
please post it to this newsgroup.

thanks
M. Friedrich

Quote:>One of my clients who has an SBS network used access as their primary line
>of business application.  One of the key reasons they decided to switch
from
>standard NT Server to SBS was because of the fax/modem sharing feature.
>However, when a user attempts to print an Access report to the Fax Server
>the process is halted and an error is displayed which in short says the
>Print Manager rejected the print.  Any ideas on why this happens and
perhaps
>how to fix it ?

>Prior to SBS computers with modems could fax access reports just fine.
>These 'don't ya knows' really make me look very bad to my client.
>Especially when I can't explain why the damn thing won't work.

>Please help me save my reputation...

 
 
 

problem Faxing Reports from MS Access97

Post by Grey Lancaster [Solutions » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00


This is only a guess, but again if it works with NT WS I am thinking that
the new patch due out soon for other FAX problems may fix this also.  I do
not think the $195 call will satisfy you as I have seen no answers to this
problem.

An alternative would be to try www.gfifax.com I have used this also but not
with Access.  It is possible that the free 2 user version can "get you by"
till we see if the new files help.  Possibly you could email the reports to
one of the 2 users for faxing?

Another not so good alternative with 20 users would be MS fax and use modem
sharing on the server.

If you would try this and email me the results:
Do you have email notification enabled?  If so disable/stop that and try it.

Sorry I do not have a better answer, but I would like to see it work for you
as expected and will help in anyway that I can but I do not write the code.

--
Grey, Microsoft MVP SBS
www.smallbizserver.com  (WebBoard/FAQ's)
http://web.infoave.net/~solutions/list.htm  (List Serve)


>In the real world it isn't very smart to tell one's client the only way to
>fix a fax problem is to buy 20 copies of NT workstation.  It may be a
>solution.  Hell, it may be the only solution, but I think it sucks a big
>one.  MS Doesn't test their own products with one another.  Will I get a
>different answer if I make one of those $195 calls to MS Tech Support ?  Or
>will they tell me to cease using Win95 and upgrade to NT WS ?


>>There you go, switch to NT WS.  There are some changes due out that fix
>some
>>other problems with faxing from 95, maybe they will help this access thing
>>also.

>>--
>>Grey, Microsoft MVP SBS
>>www.smallbizserver.com  (WebBoard/FAQ's)
>>http://web.infoave.net/~solutions/list.htm  (List Serve)


>>>Hi!

>>>I you get an answer to this problem, can you send it to me (because i am
>>>having the same problem; althought, only in Windows 95. In Windows NT
>>>Workstation 4.0, i can fax from access)?

>>>Many thanks.

>>>Mrio Amaral


>>>>One of my clients who has an SBS network used access as their primary
>line
>>>>of business application.  One of the key reasons they decided to switch
>>>from
>>>>standard NT Server to SBS was because of the fax/modem sharing feature.
>>>>However, when a user attempts to print an Access report to the Fax
Server
>>>>the process is halted and an error is displayed which in short says the
>>>>Print Manager rejected the print.  Any ideas on why this happens and
>>>perhaps
>>>>how to fix it ?

>>>>Prior to SBS computers with modems could fax access reports just fine.
>>>>These 'don't ya knows' really make me look very bad to my client.
>>>>Especially when I can't explain why the damn thing won't work.

>>>>Please help me save my reputation...

 
 
 

problem Faxing Reports from MS Access97

Post by Giri Dinaman » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00


It didn't work on NT WS for me (and this was the only I reason
I upgraded to NT). However, Lansource make a product which
faxes from Access.
Giri


> This is only a guess, but again if it works with NT WS I am thinking that
> the new patch due out soon for other FAX problems may fix this also.  I do
> not think the $195 call will satisfy you as I have seen no answers to this
> problem.

> An alternative would be to try www.gfifax.com I have used this also but not
> with Access.  It is possible that the free 2 user version can "get you by"
> till we see if the new files help.  Possibly you could email the reports to
> one of the 2 users for faxing?

> Another not so good alternative with 20 users would be MS fax and use modem
> sharing on the server.

> If you would try this and email me the results:
> Do you have email notification enabled?  If so disable/stop that and try it.

> Sorry I do not have a better answer, but I would like to see it work for you
> as expected and will help in anyway that I can but I do not write the code.

> --
> Grey, Microsoft MVP SBS
> www.smallbizserver.com  (WebBoard/FAQ's)
> http://web.infoave.net/~solutions/list.htm  (List Serve)


> >In the real world it isn't very smart to tell one's client the only way to
> >fix a fax problem is to buy 20 copies of NT workstation.  It may be a
> >solution.  Hell, it may be the only solution, but I think it sucks a big
> >one.  MS Doesn't test their own products with one another.  Will I get a
> >different answer if I make one of those $195 calls to MS Tech Support ?  Or
> >will they tell me to cease using Win95 and upgrade to NT WS ?


> >>There you go, switch to NT WS.  There are some changes due out that fix
> >some
> >>other problems with faxing from 95, maybe they will help this access thing
> >>also.

> >>--
> >>Grey, Microsoft MVP SBS
> >>www.smallbizserver.com  (WebBoard/FAQ's)
> >>http://web.infoave.net/~solutions/list.htm  (List Serve)


> >>>Hi!

> >>>I you get an answer to this problem, can you send it to me (because i am
> >>>having the same problem; althought, only in Windows 95. In Windows NT
> >>>Workstation 4.0, i can fax from access)?

> >>>Many thanks.

> >>>Mrio Amaral


> >>>>One of my clients who has an SBS network used access as their primary
> >line
> >>>>of business application.  One of the key reasons they decided to switch
> >>>from
> >>>>standard NT Server to SBS was because of the fax/modem sharing feature.
> >>>>However, when a user attempts to print an Access report to the Fax
> Server
> >>>>the process is halted and an error is displayed which in short says the
> >>>>Print Manager rejected the print.  Any ideas on why this happens and
> >>>perhaps
> >>>>how to fix it ?

> >>>>Prior to SBS computers with modems could fax access reports just fine.
> >>>>These 'don't ya knows' really make me look very bad to my client.
> >>>>Especially when I can't explain why the damn thing won't work.

> >>>>Please help me save my reputation...

 
 
 

problem Faxing Reports from MS Access97

Post by Grey Lancaster [Solutions » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00


Thanks for the info

Grey

--
Grey, Microsoft MVP SBS
www.smallbizserver.com  (WebBoard/FAQ's)
http://web.infoave.net/~solutions/list.htm  (List Serve)


>It didn't work on NT WS for me (and this was the only I reason
>I upgraded to NT). However, Lansource make a product which
>faxes from Access.
>Giri


>> This is only a guess, but again if it works with NT WS I am thinking that
>> the new patch due out soon for other FAX problems may fix this also.  I
do
>> not think the $195 call will satisfy you as I have seen no answers to
this
>> problem.

>> An alternative would be to try www.gfifax.com I have used this also but
not
>> with Access.  It is possible that the free 2 user version can "get you
by"
>> till we see if the new files help.  Possibly you could email the reports
to
>> one of the 2 users for faxing?

>> Another not so good alternative with 20 users would be MS fax and use
modem
>> sharing on the server.

>> If you would try this and email me the results:
>> Do you have email notification enabled?  If so disable/stop that and try
it.

>> Sorry I do not have a better answer, but I would like to see it work for
you
>> as expected and will help in anyway that I can but I do not write the
code.

>> --
>> Grey, Microsoft MVP SBS
>> www.smallbizserver.com  (WebBoard/FAQ's)
>> http://web.infoave.net/~solutions/list.htm  (List Serve)




- Show quoted text -

>> >In the real world it isn't very smart to tell one's client the only way
to
>> >fix a fax problem is to buy 20 copies of NT workstation.  It may be a
>> >solution.  Hell, it may be the only solution, but I think it sucks a big
>> >one.  MS Doesn't test their own products with one another.  Will I get a
>> >different answer if I make one of those $195 calls to MS Tech Support ?
Or
>> >will they tell me to cease using Win95 and upgrade to NT WS ?


>> >>There you go, switch to NT WS.  There are some changes due out that fix
>> >some
>> >>other problems with faxing from 95, maybe they will help this access
thing
>> >>also.

>> >>--
>> >>Grey, Microsoft MVP SBS
>> >>www.smallbizserver.com  (WebBoard/FAQ's)
>> >>http://web.infoave.net/~solutions/list.htm  (List Serve)


>> >>>Hi!

>> >>>I you get an answer to this problem, can you send it to me (because i
am
>> >>>having the same problem; althought, only in Windows 95. In Windows NT
>> >>>Workstation 4.0, i can fax from access)?

>> >>>Many thanks.

>> >>>Mrio Amaral


>> >>>>One of my clients who has an SBS network used access as their primary
>> >line
>> >>>>of business application.  One of the key reasons they decided to
switch
>> >>>from
>> >>>>standard NT Server to SBS was because of the fax/modem sharing
feature.
>> >>>>However, when a user attempts to print an Access report to the Fax
>> Server
>> >>>>the process is halted and an error is displayed which in short says
the
>> >>>>Print Manager rejected the print.  Any ideas on why this happens and
>> >>>perhaps
>> >>>>how to fix it ?

>> >>>>Prior to SBS computers with modems could fax access reports just
fine.
>> >>>>These 'don't ya knows' really make me look very bad to my client.
>> >>>>Especially when I can't explain why the damn thing won't work.

>> >>>>Please help me save my reputation...

 
 
 

problem Faxing Reports from MS Access97

Post by Stephen Kin » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00


The following was copied from Birk Binard's website.
http://www.birkbinnard.com/SBS/

This solution works for me - and it is a heck of a lot cheaper than
upgrading to NTWS :-)

To allow a client PC to send faxes from MS Access you have to change the
spool settings of the client PC's fax printer to EMF.

Stephen King
MIS Director
Model Imperial


>One of my clients who has an SBS network used access as their primary line
>of business application.  One of the key reasons they decided to switch
from
>standard NT Server to SBS was because of the fax/modem sharing feature.
>However, when a user attempts to print an Access report to the Fax Server
>the process is halted and an error is displayed which in short says the
>Print Manager rejected the print.  Any ideas on why this happens and
perhaps
>how to fix it ?

>Prior to SBS computers with modems could fax access reports just fine.
>These 'don't ya knows' really make me look very bad to my client.
>Especially when I can't explain why the damn thing won't work.

>Please help me save my reputation...