SBS 4.5 Fax printer drivers

Post by Fran » Thu, 15 Feb 2001 09:20:36

I have been trying to set up MS Fax server and client S/W on a B/O SBS 4.5
network.  Everything seems to work OK from the Server, but I can't seem to
Fax from the clients. When I try to setup the Fax printer on the clients, I
can't find the correct driver. The Fax printer on the server is using
"MicroSoft NT Fax printer" driver. Where can I find this driver (or the
correct driver) to install the server Fax printer as a network printer on
the clients PCs (they are all Win98)

Frank

SBS 4.5 Fax printer drivers

Post by Andy » Thu, 15 Feb 2001 18:45:04

There should be a clients share on the server - I think you can install the
fax software for the clients from this.

regards,
Andy

Quote:> I have been trying to set up MS Fax server and client S/W on a B/O SBS 4.5
> network.  Everything seems to work OK from the Server, but I can't seem to
> Fax from the clients. When I try to setup the Fax printer on the clients,
> can't find the correct driver. The Fax printer on the server is using
> "MicroSoft NT Fax printer" driver. Where can I find this driver (or the
> correct driver) to install the server Fax printer as a network printer on
> the clients PCs (they are all Win98)

> Frank

SBS 4.5 Fax printer drivers

Post by Mariette Knap [MS SBS MVP » Thu, 15 Feb 2001 18:55:43

Hi Frank,

Maybe you could give this a try. Create a temporary network connection to:

\\server_name\ClientApps\MS\fax\win95 as drive Z: for example. If you have
done that run from the command promp "setup -tc". At a certain moment in the
installation cycle you are asked for a location for the printer, this should
normally be \\server_name\fax.

Now the client software is installed correctly. If it still does not work I
quess that there is a permission problem on the share
\\server_name\ClientApps.

Try it and let us know :-)

Bye
Mariette

Quote:> I have been trying to set up MS Fax server and client S/W on a B/O SBS 4.5
> network.  Everything seems to work OK from the Server, but I can't seem to
> Fax from the clients. When I try to setup the Fax printer on the clients,
> can't find the correct driver. The Fax printer on the server is using
> "MicroSoft NT Fax printer" driver. Where can I find this driver (or the
> correct driver) to install the server Fax printer as a network printer on
> the clients PCs (they are all Win98)

> Frank

SBS 4.5 Fax printer drivers

Post by <what> » Fri, 13 Apr 2001 06:48:29

This thead is exactly my problem and I have tried exactly what is listed
below.  I know the permissions are correct.  The software does install but
it does not work -- after "printing" and filling out the fax information, I
get an error that says the printers is not available.

Any ideas?