Default security settings to user folders on SBS....

Post by JoeMc » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 02:59:20

By mistake I removed the Sharing on the users folder that SBS sets up by
default.  Are there any security rights I have to give back to that folder
other then the Administrators, BackOffice Folder Operations, and the user
group?

Joe

Post by SBS-MV » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 07:55:31

You didn't indicate which version...so we will start here
Default Permissions for Installation of Small Business Server 4.5

--
CRIS HANNA (SBS-MVP)
Please do not reply directly to me by email but only in the newsgroup so that all may share the information

  By mistake I removed the Sharing on the users folder that SBS sets up by
  default.  Are there any security rights I have to give back to that folder
  other then the Administrators, BackOffice Folder Operations, and the user
  group?

  Joe

Post by JoeMc » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 00:54:12

Sorry....

Win2000 sbs

:)

Joe

You didn't indicate which version...so we will start here

--
CRIS HANNA (SBS-MVP)
Please do not reply directly to me by email but only in the newsgroup so
that all may share the information

By mistake I removed the Sharing on the users folder that SBS sets up by
default.  Are there any security rights I have to give back to that folder
other then the Administrators, BackOffice Folder Operations, and the user
group?

Joe

1. Default Shares & Security on SBS Server Folders

Hello all:

Doing an initial SBS4.5 install, and noticed that SBS tends to open to
general domain view quite a few of its folders via shares.  This appears to
include winnt.sbs as well as system-related folders in addition to the
ordinary "Company" and user folders.

There is a class of users in this organization that I want to have as little
list or read (much less change) access to most of the SBS server content;
however, I'm reluctant to jump in and remove shares or alter permissions
without first ascertaining how such changes may affect overall
functionality.  What can be "safely" done in this regard (to the default
shares and permissions on the SBS server itself) without having to rely on
system policies to restrict browse and access?

Thanks in advance for the input and advice.

Fred Orcutt

2. Sand Dunes Simulation

3. SBS default settings in MMC for Administration Web Site and Default FTP Site

4. 115.200 bps with COM1 Warp3.0

5. SBS 4.5 user login receives "Unable to display your default Email folder.."

6. C#, ASP.NET and stepping problems

7. change sbs default user folder path post install

8. Summa II driver for ACAD r10 needed !!!

9. setting default view to folder view?

10. Outlook Security Settings Folder

11. security settings for folders & files

12. Programmatically setting security on folders.

13. Security Setting for Application on Public Folder