zone alarm

Post by Dennis Appelm » Fri, 06 Dec 2002 00:45:21

is it possible to instal zone alarm on a sbs 2000 server?
can it harm the system?

best regards dennis

zone alarm

Post by Mariette Knap [SBS MVP » Fri, 06 Dec 2002 00:52:41

> is it possible to instal zone alarm on a sbs 2000 server?
> can it harm the system?

Why would you want to that? Your server has one of the best Firewalls
available for use; it is called ISA. Zone Alarm is a toy for standalone
computers, certainly not for servers.

--
Bye
Mariette Knap [MS SBS MVP]

zone alarm

Post by Susan Bradley, CPA aka » Fri, 06 Dec 2002 05:45:18

IMHO that's not a server level firewall.... besides...it's another
software firewall and as Mariette says, you've got the best one in ISA.
If you are paranoid....do a hardware one and ISA.

> is it possible to instal zone alarm on a sbs 2000 server?
> can it harm the system?

> best regards dennis

1. Would Zone Alarm Pro Provide addiional Security ?

I have a SBS 4.5 server with a 56K dialup ISP.  Has anyone played with
ZoneAlarm Pro ? and would it provide additional security if I installed it
on the WorkStations.

I currently use ZoneAlarm (Free) on my home system.  My concern would be to
block trojans that Trend does not catch. Is this a valid concern or would I
just be adding additional pain to my users ?

Thanx
Allan

2. Novatel Modem for Pilot

3. SBS 4.5 and Zone Alarm

4. looking for online papers: container usage

5. Sharepoint and Zone Alarm

6. WTS..32MB 72pin SIMM Part Number 501-2622

7. Does ISA provide 'enough' protection for Server and clients or should I install Zone Alarm, etc....

8. front page and netscape

9. Can you change the default GMT time zone to a local time zone?

10. Trend OfficeScan SBS False Alarm?

11. SMS BADMIF Alarms

12. How to send alarms through healtmon?