Help... deleted folder with files!!

Post by SBS-MV » Sun, 25 Jun 2006 08:39:45

Is Shadow copy running on the server?
Do you do backups?

--
Cris Hanna [SBS-MVP]
--------------------------------------

  I just made a big mistake and deleted a folder incl a lot of images.
  I deleted the files on a shared drive at my small business server.

  Is there any ways to recover those files in SBS ?

Help... deleted folder with files!!

Post by Per R?bil » Sun, 25 Jun 2006 12:31:02

Is this the service "Microsoft Software Shadow Copy Provider", unfortunatly
its not running/started.

Is i do daily backups, but the missing files i deleted was copied for the
server few hours before i by mistake deleted them.

Seems they are lost.....

Should I have this shadow copy running?

> Is Shadow copy running on the server?
> Do you do backups?

> --
> Cris Hanna [SBS-MVP]
> --------------------------------------
> Please do not respond directly to me, but only post in the newsgroup so all can take advantage

>   I just made a big mistake and deleted a folder incl a lot of images.
>   I deleted the files on a shared drive at my small business server.

>   Is there any ways to recover those files in SBS ?

1. Deleting Old files/folders left behind after upgrading from SBS 4.0 to SBS 4.5

Hi all,

Has anyone compiled a list of folders/files that you can safely delete from
the SBS server after you have upgraded from 4.0 to 4.5.

For example SBS 4.5 places the client programs in \ClientApps while 4.0
places the in \clients, however the 'Response' folders that is much needed
must not be deleted from the \clients folder while the rest of the folders
can be.

There are many folder like the above that are no longer needed after
upgrading Sqlserver being one of them.

I would be greatful for the information ; )

Cheers
Ap

2. pdf in my app -- can i do that?

3. Log deleted and/or moved files and folders

4. SBS2000 VPN

5. deleting user doesn't delete their mailbox or shared folder

6. Adobe Tekton Font for windows

7. Outlook Inbox & Deleted Files Folders Corrupt

8. win98 and isdn errors

9. HELP: Folders deleting by themselves???

10. Urgent Help with Deleted Public Folder

11. Cannot delete folder please help!

12. How to delete the Newsgroup Folder in Public folders.

13. samba 2.2.1a, delete file when client pc crash/hang, please help!!!