SBS SP1

Post by Keith Isaac » Thu, 12 Dec 2002 12:48:55

If you have installed SP3 for win2k and sp3 for ex2k, do
you need to install SBS sp1?

Keith

SBS SP1

Post by Keit » Thu, 12 Dec 2002 23:38:16

Yes, SP1 detects that these service packs have already
been installed and whizzes through. I believe it does make
some other changes to the registry etc, other than the
changes in W2k and Exchange service packs, so its probably
worth doing.

Keith

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>If you have installed SP3 for win2k and sp3 for ex2k, do
>you need to install SBS sp1?

>Keith
>.

SBS SP1

Post by Steve Foster [SBS MVP » Fri, 13 Dec 2002 02:44:47

> If you have installed SP3 for win2k and sp3 for ex2k, do you need to
> install SBS sp1?

> Keith

Yes. SBS SP1 includes some SBS-specific stuff that is not in either of the
SP3's. It will be very quick since W2K SP3 and EX2K SP3 are already
installed.

--
Steve Foster [SBS MVP]
---------------------------------------

1. SBS SP1 (SBS 4.0a), SP1 Woes

Help,

I installed SBS SP1 on my SBS server. A short while later (one week) the
server crashed unrecoverable. That's right, blue screened even in VGA mode.
I recovered from a back-up performed approximately 3 days prior to
installing the service pack and about 10 days prior to the fatality.
Unfortunately, my repair disk had the post-trauma (SP1) registry files. I
had to repair/re-install many of the services that had major problems coming
back to life, Exchange Server, DNS, Proxy 2.0, and IIS 4 from NT Option Pack
4. I dredged through 36 hours restoring this beast. At this point I am back
to SBS 4.0 and everything else back up and running - except for I now have
IE 4 installed, no longer working with the Management Console. I thought,
"Well, fine! I'll go for broke and re-install the SBS SP1." Nothin' doin'!
Re-applying the service pack fails. What can I do to be able to take back
control of my server?

Thank You,
SP1 Woes

2. Wrong Time for Plot files on NT

3. VPN XP SP1 SBS SP1

4. Anonymous FTP List - Sites (Part 1/3)

5. SBS - very peculiar behaviour after SBS SP1

6. Processor Revision

7. SBS SP1 on dutch SBS

8. Technical questions for Modem play - Warcraft II

9. << Swing Migration: Please Delay install of SBS SP1 a few days >>

10. SBS sp1 upgrade

11. SBS SP1 Installation Questions

12. "New" SBS SP1

13. SBS sp1