Email problem after upgrading from SBS4.5 to SBS2000

Email problem after upgrading from SBS4.5 to SBS2000

Post by Dale Pul » Sun, 05 Jan 2003 02:07:47

We are using Exchange and a static IP to receive and send email.  All was
working fine until we upgraded our SBS server from version 4.5 to 2000.
Inbound email is working properly but we are failing to send outbound email
to some, but not all, addresses. Our configuration is using DNS for address
resolution and is pointed to the DNS at our local ISP.  The failures appear

sucessfully send email to others.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dale Puls

Email problem after upgrading from SBS4.5 to SBS2000

Post by Simon Weave » Sun, 05 Jan 2003 02:31:56

What does the NDR say?
Can you copy / past it into this group?

Simon Weaver
Tech Consultant
www.iscl.net

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>We are using Exchange and a static IP to receive and send
email.  All was
>working fine until we upgraded our SBS server from

version 4.5 to 2000.
Quote:>Inbound email is working properly but we are failing to
send outbound email
>to some, but not all, addresses. Our configuration is

using DNS for address
Quote:>resolution and is pointed to the DNS at our local ISP.
The failures appear
>to be entire address ranges (we can not send to

but we can
>sucessfully send email to others.
>Any help would be greatly appreciated.

>Dale Puls

>.

Email problem after upgrading from SBS4.5 to SBS2000

Post by Dale Pul » Sun, 05 Jan 2003 05:05:32

I know this is a "dumb" question but what is NDR?  The SBS2000 help system
only indicates that "NDR" is "NetWare Diagnostic Redirector"

Thanks,

Dale

> What does the NDR say?
> Can you copy / past it into this group?

> Simon Weaver
> Tech Consultant
> www.iscl.net

Post by Susan Bradley, CPA aka » Sun, 05 Jan 2003 05:12:36

Non Delivery Report
He's looking for the "code" numbers that say what kind of error is occuring in
the mail system.

> I know this is a "dumb" question but what is NDR?  The SBS2000 help system
> only indicates that "NDR" is "NetWare Diagnostic Redirector"

> Thanks,

> Dale

> > What does the NDR say?
> > Can you copy / past it into this group?

> > Simon Weaver
> > Tech Consultant
> > www.iscl.net

1. upgrading sbs4.5 to sbs2000

Hi all,

When i try to upgrade from sbs4,5 to sbs2000 the wizard stops with the
following error message;

U must logged on with the default administrators account as "Administrator"
.
Read the updated remarks of this release on the web to change the username
and the connected services
to "Administrator".

The are no links to the web to find a solutions. We have a Dutch version of
SBS and the Administrator is called
"beheerder" in Dutch so i think this causes the problem.

Anyone have an idea.

Thank you in advance.

2. Free Diagnostic Software

3. Upgrade fom SBS4.5 to SBS2000

4. Alps MD-1300, Dye Sub, and Transparencies

5. SBS4.5 to SBS2000 Upgrade path?

6. SHARE loaded in WINOS2 ?

7. SBS4.5 - Upgrade to SBS2000 on Same Box

8. Router with 100BaseT port

9. Upgrading from SBS4 to SBS2000.

10. SBS4.5 to SBS2000 Upgrade using a new server

11. upgrading from sbs4.5 to sbs2000

12. upgrading sbs4.5 to sbs2000

13. Upgrading SBS4.5 to SBS2000