XP / SBS 2000 / Browsing problem

Post by Francois Mori » Sat, 23 Feb 2002 03:03:39

We install SBS and W2K client in some location with no
problem.

Since we install XP Pro client with SPS 2000 (Sp2), i
receive this message very often on client side

"Serveur is not accessible. You might not have permission
to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of
this server to find out if you have access permissions."

If I reboot the computer, the probleme dissapear but only
for some time

On server side, I have no event log with out of license
message (27 computers and 30 licenses). On client side, I
have this error message (in Application): 0x8007003a

I made extensive research on the net to find the problem.
I found one things about RRAS (disabled on the SBS server)
and another about missing registery key with Office, but I
still with the problem.

XP / SBS 2000 / Browsing problem

Post by Robert Peppe » Sat, 23 Feb 2002 14:12:50

see the 2/19 thread xp - sbs 2000

Quote:> We install SBS and W2K client in some location with no
> problem.

> Since we install XP Pro client with SPS 2000 (Sp2), i
> receive this message very often on client side

> "Serveur is not accessible. You might not have permission
> to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of
> this server to find out if you have access permissions."

> If I reboot the computer, the probleme dissapear but only
> for some time

> On server side, I have no event log with out of license
> message (27 computers and 30 licenses). On client side, I
> have this error message (in Application): 0x8007003a

> I made extensive research on the net to find the problem.
> I found one things about RRAS (disabled on the SBS server)
> and another about missing registery key with Office, but I
> still with the problem.

XP / SBS 2000 / Browsing problem

Post by Susan Bradley, CPA aka » Sat, 23 Feb 2002 15:39:02

We're still working on this one.....a Case of Mountain Dew to the first
person who can figure out the solution.

Susan Bradley

> We install SBS and W2K client in some location with no
> problem.

> Since we install XP Pro client with SPS 2000 (Sp2), i
> receive this message very often on client side

> "Serveur is not accessible. You might not have permission
> to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of
> this server to find out if you have access permissions."

> If I reboot the computer, the probleme dissapear but only
> for some time

> On server side, I have no event log with out of license
> message (27 computers and 30 licenses). On client side, I
> have this error message (in Application): 0x8007003a

> I made extensive research on the net to find the problem.
> I found one things about RRAS (disabled on the SBS server)
> and another about missing registery key with Office, but I
> still with the problem.

1. More updates xp-sbs 2000 Browsing/Printer

I have posted twice on this subject before. In a nutshell, I can not browse
from the server to any of the xp workstations and attach a printer. Susan
Bradley suggested that I try using the net view / net use commands. I tried
this and still can see a list of all of the computers but can not access the
services provided by that computer.

To further test if this was solely an XP problem, I attached a computer
running Millenium to the domain. I was able to see that computer and I was
able to access the services on that computer. Any further comments will be
greatly appreciated.

2. Who makes Travan TR4 tape drives?

3. Updated xp-sbs 2000 browsing issues

4. Help on Matl System variable

5. SBS 2000, XP Client & Office XP

6. Spectral Subraction Program

7. Problem set Win XP Prof as client of SBS 2000

8. SBS 2000 & XP Pro SP1 communication problems

9. Outlook (XP) + SBS 2000 Problem

10. Win 2000 & XP Profiles and SBS 2000

11. Advice on XP/2000 Clients logging into existing 4.11 server and new SBS 2000 ser

12. Outlook 2000 or Outlook XP for SBS 2000?