For any one upgrading to SBS 2000

Post by Mariette Knap [MS SBS MVP » Tue, 03 Apr 2001 23:09:54

If you did not yet receive your SBS 2000 upgrade but want to read in depth
information about upgrading/migrating SBS 4.5 to SBS 2000

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q278/4/39.ASP
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q290/6/03.ASP

Bye
Mariette

1. 2 SBS 2000 Servers (one DC, one MS) on one network

Hello,

Is it possible to have 2 Small Business Servers in one network set up as the
following :

Server 1 :
Small Business Server 2000
Domain Controller
SQL 2000
Exchange server
And all the other standard features

Server 2:
Small Business Server 2000
Member Server to Server 1
Just needs SQL 2000

Basically we need a dedicated server to run a server application that uses
Windows Server and Microsoft SQL server. We've checked with the software
manufactorers and theres a big cost saving in licenses to install the app to
a Small Business Server with MS SQL server on it and then get Veritas Backup
Small Business Edition to back it all up.

If we depromote the 2nd server from a DC (after its all been setup) to a
member server can they happilly get along side by side? will the member
server still be able to run sql server no probs?

Thanks for any advice

Chuck

2. MSDN logo?

3. Upgrade NT Server to SBS 2000 - Upgrade package will not accept NT CD for upgrade!

4. Do you know a pre-1985 bus using format: priority-type-func.addr.?

5. Upgrade to Windows 2000 (NOT SBS 2000) Server from SBS 4.5

6. Hard drive cannot validate, HELP

7. Upgrade SBS 2000 trial to SBS 2000 full version

8. AutoCAD, WIn NT, DesignJet 650C & TCP/IP

9. SBS 2000 upgrade CALs when upgrading to a new computer

10. First 4.5 to 2000 upgrade

11. Simultaneous use of SBS 2000 and SBS 4.5 by different companies on one wiring system

12. Upgrade to windows 2000 not SBS 2000

13. Is it possible to upgrade from a simple Windows 2000 server to SBS 2000 ?