RAS Client Can't see LAN

Post by Paul P. St. Ong » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I am using RAS with PPTP protocol to connect to the SBS server from a remote
NT Workstation over the internet.

The connection to the server works fine, but I cannot see the other clients
on the LAN in Network Neighborhood.

I have enabled TPC/IP and Netbios in the server settings and the remote ws
settings.

I have installed the PPTP Performance and Security Upgrade on both the SBS
server and the NT workstation.

I have tried the procedure in Q171922 - Local Network Access Fails Or Is
Slow After PPTP Connection.

Any suggestions?

RAS Client Can't see LAN

Post by Per Moeller-Olse » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Is RAS on SBS set to Entire Network opposed to This Computer Only?
Per...

Quote:>I am using RAS with PPTP protocol to connect to the SBS server from a
remote
>NT Workstation over the internet.

>The connection to the server works fine, but I cannot see the other clients
>on the LAN in Network Neighborhood.

>I have enabled TPC/IP and Netbios in the server settings and the remote ws
>settings.

>I have installed the PPTP Performance and Security Upgrade on both the SBS
>server and the NT workstation.

>I have tried the procedure in Q171922 - Local Network Access Fails Or Is
>Slow After PPTP Connection.

>Any suggestions?

RAS Client Can't see LAN

Post by Peter Nu » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Paul,
        you MUST include either WINS or a HOSTS file for this to work
properly (atleast in my experience).

Hope this helps.

Peter

Quote:>I am using RAS with PPTP protocol to connect to the SBS server from a remote
>NT Workstation over the internet.

>The connection to the server works fine, but I cannot see the other clients
>on the LAN in Network Neighborhood.

>I have enabled TPC/IP and Netbios in the server settings and the remote ws
>settings.

>I have installed the PPTP Performance and Security Upgrade on both the SBS
>server and the NT workstation.

>I have tried the procedure in Q171922 - Local Network Access Fails Or Is
>Slow After PPTP Connection.

>Any suggestions?

Peter Nunn
DownUnder

RAS Client Can't see LAN

Post by scott mcgeecha » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I have the same problem, RAS clients can't  see anything, not even the
server, but you can map the network drive (Net use or My computer - doesn't
matter) if you know the names you need and then it works fine.

Scott McGeechan

Quote:>I am using RAS with PPTP protocol to connect to the SBS server from a
remote
>NT Workstation over the internet.

>The connection to the server works fine, but I cannot see the other clients
>on the LAN in Network Neighborhood.

>I have enabled TPC/IP and Netbios in the server settings and the remote ws
>settings.

>I have installed the PPTP Performance and Security Upgrade on both the SBS
>server and the NT workstation.

>I have tried the procedure in Q171922 - Local Network Access Fails Or Is
>Slow After PPTP Connection.

>Any suggestions?

RAS Client Can't see LAN

Post by Paul P. St. Ong » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Thanks. I am able to see them now with your method.

Now I need to figure out how to call a ws on the LAN in net meeting while
accessing server remotely.

Suggestions?

>I have the same problem, RAS clients can't  see anything, not even the
>server, but you can map the network drive (Net use or My computer - doesn't
>matter) if you know the names you need and then it works fine.

>Scott McGeechan

1. Can't get SBS to be seen public (outside of our LAN)

Iam running SBS as a domain controller  I have two NIC's one private LAN and
the other public for outside (internet) we use NAT it is enabled. The private
side NIC has two ip addresses one is redirected to our website what we want to
do is when we type in the ip address( the redirected one) on the url of an
outside connect for our website to pop up. We can accomplish this but
temporarily not permanantly by simply  changing the primary and secondary dns
addresses by the way our website uses a different IP the ip on the Private NIC
adapter is to use microsoft front page and we just redirected it to pop up our
website when we type the private nic's ip this address is going to be used for
our exchange server to handle user email account's so we need it to be seen
public. By the way there is a firewall if anybody could share there opinions I

you,

JAY

2. Include Problem!

3. SBS Client not seen on LAN

4. Doc Combining

5. RAS Client accessing LAN Clients

6. Bible software

7. RAS Client accessing Lan Clients

8. PLCC for STe

9. Can a logon script distinguish RAS or LAN client connection?

10. Setting up SBS 4.5 client on notebook for both LAN & RAS?

11. RAS Client with Home LAN?

12. XP client unable to access additional servers on SBS4.5 LAN via DUN/ RAS

13. My Clients aren't seeing Advertisments. :(