Setting up Client Mailboxes w/Outlook

Post by Jimmy Rusidof » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I am trying to set up client mailboxes using Outlook and so far have not had
any success.  Our ISP lets us use our main account to log onto the Internet
(which all workstations can do just fine) and then use our personal
mailboxes to get onto the mail server.  When using modems in our respective
machines, it was no problem, but  now that we're on an SBS domain, I can't
make it happen.  We log on to the net using Proxy Server through a single
modem.  I have the accounts set up on the client machines by the book as far
as Outlook is concerned, but I always get a message saying "can't connect to
mail server" and I don't know why this is.  Someone he'p a boy out!!!
Thanks,
JimmyR  MCP

1. Setting up outlook mailboxes for new client accounts

I'm in a steep learning curve today. Got our new SBS server up and
installed. Been through the to do list and have a workstation for user 1 set
up with outlook and a mailbox. When I logon to workstation 2 to setup the a
user 2, It installs outlook 2000 sr1 as I requested, but when I launch
outlook it fails to start saying 'Unable to open your deault email folders.

The server came with minimal installation documentation, so I'm searching
microsoft how-to's without success. In the exchange/active directory tree
there is a mailbox labeled 'user1' but no others. Are they created when the
user logs on first time?

Any help / direction / or step by step aid appreciated.

regards,
Robin

2. GPF with OracleObjects for OLE - HELP!

3. Exchange & Outlook client mailboxes

4. Index Performance Help Needed

5. How do I get the UPS service set up?

6. 3D-Construction-Kit on KS 1.2?

7. Setting up more than one outlook client on one pc

8. Still having problems running Callus with 16MB

9. Help with setting up Macintosh Outlook Clients on SBS 2000

10. Outlook client viewing another Outlook client's mail

11. Is it possible to set up a network shared contact list using Outlook Express as client?

12. How do I make outlook settings the same wherever a client goes?

13. Help with setting up Macintosh Outlook clients in SBS2000