SBS 4.5 - Windows 2000 Terminal Server Configuration Problem

SBS 4.5 - Windows 2000 Terminal Server Configuration Problem

Post by Brad Cla » Thu, 13 Feb 2003 02:14:39

I have an existing Small Business Server 4.5 network which I have
added a Windows 2000 server as a member server to so we can use
Terminal Server for remote access.

The SBS server is multi-homed with one NIC for the LAN and one
connected to a DSL router with a static address. I have configured
this according to Microsoft's recommendations ...no NAT or packet
filtering on the router, proxy server setup using default settings.

I have likewise set up the TS according to KB article 256931:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;256931

The problem I am having is that can't get the clients to access the TS
from the internet. They work fine from inside the LAN.

What am I missing?

**Remove "NO_SPAM" from e-mail address for any correspondence

SBS 4.5 - Windows 2000 Terminal Server Configuration Problem

Post by Grey Lancaster [SBS ROCKS MVP » Wed, 19 Feb 2003 10:32:20

Initially I think you have to point/suck the TS stuff to the TS box.  Dbl
check all in that kb

--
Grey
SBS ROCKS MVP

www.smallbizserver.com

Quote:> I have an existing Small Business Server 4.5 network which I have
> added a Windows 2000 server as a member server to so we can use
> Terminal Server for remote access.

> The SBS server is multi-homed with one NIC for the LAN and one
> connected to a DSL router with a static address. I have configured
> this according to Microsoft's recommendations ...no NAT or packet
> filtering on the router, proxy server setup using default settings.

> I have likewise set up the TS according to KB article 256931:

> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;256931

> The problem I am having is that can't get the clients to access the TS
> from the internet. They work fine from inside the LAN.

> What am I missing?

> **Remove "NO_SPAM" from e-mail address for any correspondence

---

1. SBS 4.5 - Windows 2000 Server Configuration

I have an existing Small Business Server 4.5 network which I have
added a Windows 2000 server as a member server to so we can use
Terminal Server for remote access.

The SBS server is multi-homed with one NIC for the LAN and one
connected to a DSL router with a static address. I have configured
this according to Microsoft's recommendations ...no NAT or packet
filtering on the router, proxy server setup using default settings.

I have likewise set up the TS according to KB article 256931:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;256931

The problem I am having is that can't get the clients to access the TS
from the internet. The work fine from inside the LAN.

I set the address in the remote client to that of the SBS WAN NIC. My
suspicion is that I have missed a setting in proxy server.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Brad

2. Power Objects: Default problem

3. Migrate from SBS 4.5 to Windows 2000 server + Exchange 2000 (NOT SBS 2000).

4. Seeking Iconic Retro font cartoon figures

5. Upgrade to Windows 2000 (NOT SBS 2000) Server from SBS 4.5

6. HELD MY PALM III IS FROZEN!! PLEASE HELP

7. Problems running Terminal Server with Win 2000 server and SBS 2000

8. sbs shared fax

9. Migrating SBS 4.5 to Windows 2000 Server using Windows NT 4 full version

10. manual configuration of 2000 client to sbs 4.5 server

11. Installing a Windows 2000 Server (SBS 2000) with Exchange 2000 on a Windows NT Network

12. SBS 4.5 and Win 2000 terminal server

13. sbs 4.5 and Terminal Server 2000 - fax setup