First fax server install on SBS 4.5 upgrade

First fax server install on SBS 4.5 upgrade

Post by James Rourk » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

fax server was not installed on SBS 4.0a and was then upgraded to SBS 4.5 .
Is there a way to install the fax server now?  Obviously the fax server was
not upgraded because it wasn't there, but we can't revert back to 4.0a in
order to install it.  Could you perhaps do a manual install from full SBS
4.5 disks?

First fax server install on SBS 4.5 upgrade

Post by James Rourk » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

fax server was not installed on SBS 4.0a and was then upgraded to SBS 4.5 .
Is there a way to install the fax server now?  Obviously the fax server was
not upgraded because it wasn't there, but we can't revert back to 4.0a in
order to install it.  Could you perhaps do a manual install from full SBS
4.5 disks?

First fax server install on SBS 4.5 upgrade

Post by Gary Karasi » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I just did this. Do you still have your SBS4 disks? Find FAX/i386 (I think it's
on Disk2), and run FAXSETUP. After it's installed, then you can run setup from
the corresponding directory on the SBS4.5 disks.

GaryK