SBS 4.5 - Windows 2000 Server Configuration

SBS 4.5 - Windows 2000 Server Configuration

Post by Brad Cla » Sun, 02 Feb 2003 20:58:47

I have an existing Small Business Server 4.5 network which I have
added a Windows 2000 server as a member server to so we can use
Terminal Server for remote access.

The SBS server is multi-homed with one NIC for the LAN and one
connected to a DSL router with a static address. I have configured
this according to Microsoft's recommendations ...no NAT or packet
filtering on the router, proxy server setup using default settings.

I have likewise set up the TS according to KB article 256931:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;256931

The problem I am having is that can't get the clients to access the TS
from the internet. The work fine from inside the LAN.

I set the address in the remote client to that of the SBS WAN NIC. My
suspicion is that I have missed a setting in proxy server.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Brad

1. SBS 4.5 - Windows 2000 Terminal Server Configuration Problem

I have an existing Small Business Server 4.5 network which I have
added a Windows 2000 server as a member server to so we can use
Terminal Server for remote access.

The SBS server is multi-homed with one NIC for the LAN and one
connected to a DSL router with a static address. I have configured
this according to Microsoft's recommendations ...no NAT or packet
filtering on the router, proxy server setup using default settings.

I have likewise set up the TS according to KB article 256931:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;256931

The problem I am having is that can't get the clients to access the TS
from the internet. They work fine from inside the LAN.

What am I missing?

**Remove "NO_SPAM" from e-mail address for any correspondence

2. The history of ASM-One :)

3. Migrate from SBS 4.5 to Windows 2000 server + Exchange 2000 (NOT SBS 2000).

4. Multiple PP, multiple conduits, single computer

5. Upgrade to Windows 2000 (NOT SBS 2000) Server from SBS 4.5

6. namespace extension and folder rename

7. Migrating SBS 4.5 to Windows 2000 Server using Windows NT 4 full version

8. User Group Conference in UK (VIEWS): Book Now

9. manual configuration of 2000 client to sbs 4.5 server

10. Installing a Windows 2000 Server (SBS 2000) with Exchange 2000 on a Windows NT Network

11. Windows 2000 Server to Windows SBS 2000

12. sbs 4.5 and windows 2000 server

13. Hookup Windows 2000 server to SBS 4.5