URGENT URGENT RAS/DUN Problems

Post by David Hellewel » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I cannot access the resources on SBS from an NT4 workstation.  I have made
the folders shared. I can't even use Net Use to map a drive to the shared
folder.

The event viewer states "The user xxxx\yyyy has connected  & has been
successfully authenticated on port COM 1"  where xxxx is the correct domain
name and yyyy is the correct username.

When you display the domain name on the remote station thru network
neighborhood the msg: "Domain name is not accessible.  The list of servers
for this workgroup is not currently available"

I have been working on this for days & am already pulling what hair I have
out.

I Have even tried to set it up using a W98 Workstation.

Pinging the Server & workstation is OK by their ip addresss but NOT the
computer name.

I have two K56 Flex Webb Excel Modems.  One for sharing the other for RAS.

Can somebody please help me urgently.  I have followed all the advise people
have placed about this problem with this newsgroup.

Thanks in anticipation

David

URGENT URGENT RAS/DUN Problems

Post by Cris Hanna, BS, MCP, MV » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

David
A couple of questions:

Have you created the computer account for the NTWorkstation on the SBS
server???
Did you create a computer setup disk for the remote NT Workstation and did
you run it on it?
Is the user who is trying to connect also a member of the Local Admin group
on the NTWorkstation??

Lets start here and work our way forward.

Cris Hanna, BS, MCP
SBS-MVP

>I cannot access the resources on SBS from an NT4 workstation.  I have made
>the folders shared. I can't even use Net Use to map a drive to the shared
>folder.

>The event viewer states "The user xxxx\yyyy has connected  & has been
>successfully authenticated on port COM 1"  where xxxx is the correct domain
>name and yyyy is the correct username.

>When you display the domain name on the remote station thru network
>neighborhood the msg: "Domain name is not accessible.  The list of servers
>for this workgroup is not currently available"

>I have been working on this for days & am already pulling what hair I have
>out.

>I Have even tried to set it up using a W98 Workstation.

>Pinging the Server & workstation is OK by their ip addresss but NOT the
>computer name.

>I have two K56 Flex Webb Excel Modems.  One for sharing the other for RAS.

>Can somebody please help me urgently.  I have followed all the advise
people
>have placed about this problem with this newsgroup.

>Thanks in anticipation

>David

1. URGENT PROBLEM: Can't See Exchange / RAS Config

For some reason, I can no longer drop down the exchange
server inside of the Exchange System Manager.  (When I
click on 'servers', the plus sign goes away and nothing
happens.  I added Windows IM Host and then reinstalled
SP3 for Exchange.  Also, I can no longer access the
Routing and Remote Access configuration tool.  It tells
me I don't have permission (I am logged in as
administrator) and then prompts me for user name and
password.  (I have tried others with admin access, no
luck.)  Both RAS and Exchange are functional, but I fear
something bad is about to happen.  Anybody ever seen
this?  There may be other problems too that I don't see
yet.  Please advise....

Ben

2. !!! NEW SITE !!! for up to date programming and computer related links

3. RAS service is non functional - HELP URGENT

4. eText on the Mac?

5. SBS/Internet Mail Service/DUN-RAS Connection Problem

6. Need Data Warehouse Analyst/Developer/VA/6months

7. RAS/DUN Problem - MS ARE A MOB OF BAST...DS

8. YAP(Yet another Posting)

9. RAS, DUN & DHCP problem

10. Another DUN/RAS (WINS?) problem

11. RAS and DUN problems