SBS 2000 upgrade CALs when upgrading to a new computer

SBS 2000 upgrade CALs when upgrading to a new computer

Post by Robert Davidso » Fri, 02 May 2003 03:17:24

When upgrading SBS 4.5 to SBS 2000 on a new computer, can I use SBS 2000
upgrade CALs?

Will it require tracking down SBS 4.5 CAL disks?

Many thanks,

Robert Davidson

SBS 2000 upgrade CALs when upgrading to a new computer

Post by Robert Davidso » Fri, 02 May 2003 03:33:02

Situation is actually slightly more complex:

Can SBS 2000 retail full new edition use SBS 2000 upgrade CALs, and if so,
does one have to track down the original media when installing on a new
computer?

Thanks,

Robert

When upgrading SBS 4.5 to SBS 2000 on a new computer, can I use SBS 2000
upgrade CALs?

Will it require tracking down SBS 4.5 CAL disks?

Many thanks,

Robert Davidson

SBS 2000 upgrade CALs when upgrading to a new computer

Post by Steve Foster [SBS MVP » Fri, 02 May 2003 09:03:52

On Wed, 30 Apr 2003 13:33:02 -0500, Robert Davidson

> Situation is actually slightly more complex:

> Can SBS 2000 retail full new edition use SBS 2000 upgrade CALs, and if
> so,
> does one have to track down the original media when installing on a new
> computer?

No. SBS Upgrade CALs go with SBS Upgrade, and only to the extent of your
pre-existing CAL count. If you wanted to increase the CAL count beyond that
of SBS4.5, you'd then need additional standard CAL packs.

--
Steve Foster [SBS MVP]
---------------------------------------

1. SBS 2000 Upgrade with 5 CALs (where are the CALs????)

Quick question, I have just purchased a SBS 2000 Upgrade package with 5 CAL.
The upgrade was from Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 with 5 CALs.
SBS has installed okay, but now I am in the process of configuring it.

When attempting to add the client access licences I do not seem to have a
disk to insert.

The only disks I have are:
4 SBS CDs (Disc 1-3, and disc 4 service packss).
1 SBS DVD
1 Microsoft Outlook 2000 SR-1 CD
2 Microsoft Frontpage 2000 SR-1 CDs
1 High Encyption Floppy Disc

Should there be another Floppy or CD with the 5 CALs on it??

Many thanks for the information,

Gareth Parris

2. WIC IS A FRAUD, JUST LIKE WE ALL KNEW!

3. Upgrade NT Server to SBS 2000 - Upgrade package will not accept NT CD for upgrade!

4. Tcp/Ip Gost process q

5. Can SBS 2000 CALs be used with 4.5 and then used again after upgrade to 2000?

6. Outlook 2002

7. how do I upgrade SBS 4.0 cals to 2000?

8. Telnet client stops responding in win2000

9. Time to Migrate Upgrade from SBS 4.5 to SBS 2000 on new server

10. Upgrade from SBS 4.5 to SBS 2000 for a brand new hard disk

11. Upgrading from SBS 4.x to new Server should I buy upgrade version or complete

12. New SBS 2000 upgrade plagued with event errors

13. SBS 2000 upgrade and new domain name