629 Error on DUN

Post by Frank DeCastr » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I've got SBS up and running, everything seems to work find including
proxy, exept I can't connect from a remote computer.....

Computer - Dell Laptop running Win98. It normally is connected to the
LAN via a docking station with  Ethernet NIC. I've run setup, both with
the computer docked and with it undocked.

I'm only running TCP/IP on the connection.

When I dial the server, I can see it connect, then it starts verifying
name, password and almost immediately disconnects with ERROR 629.
Searched the Microsoft KB, and can't find any reference to error
message.  Looking at the dialup log, it says the server hung up on me.

It almost like the user id isn't valid for dialup (I've rebuilt the user
id a couple of times) something is setup wrong on how it validates the
name/password.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, this is the last problem, so
close and yet so far away.......

thanks
Frank