Drill Down in (crystal) reports doesn't work

Drill Down in (crystal) reports doesn't work

Post by John Phillip » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi,

Another little problem, Drill Down in (crystal) reports
doesn't work Proxy Server reports... nothing happens when
clicking on users in the report ... is this a known bug or
set up problem or what?
If it can't work what is best way of showing which SITES
users are connecting to?

Much Thanks
John P.

Drill Down in (crystal) reports doesn't work

Post by Gerry Kee » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Basically Crystal Reports in SBS doesn't work.  A while ago there was a
thread about date formats in the default report designs that were faulty
such that running them kicked out an "error in formula" error message.  As
for Drill Down - yep everyone has found it and I haven't seen any
workarounds posted here.  I suppose one could create your own Report using
the designer, or edit the default reports and then link them up to the
Server Console shortcuts.  But, again, I haven't seen any postings about
this.  I guess it's probably too much of a hassle for most people when you
can look straight at the log files.

GERRY

Quote:> Hi,

> Another little problem, Drill Down in (crystal) reports
> doesn't work Proxy Server reports... nothing happens when
> clicking on users in the report ... is this a known bug or
> set up problem or what?
> If it can't work what is best way of showing which SITES
> users are connecting to?

> Much Thanks
> John P.

Drill Down in (crystal) reports doesn't work

Post by Tom » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

John,

I had posted this ages ago and finally got personal reply, If you start
Crystal reports and enter the Design Mode (I think thats what it's called)
in the report you want and preview that report the drill down will work.

Not a big CR user so not sure why it won't work from the SBS console, but
what do you expect for M$?!

tom

Quote:> Hi,

> Another little problem, Drill Down in (crystal) reports
> doesn't work Proxy Server reports... nothing happens when
> clicking on users in the report ... is this a known bug or
> set up problem or what?
> If it can't work what is best way of showing which SITES
> users are connecting to?

> Much Thanks
> John P.

1. Web Reporting - SMS Reporting Users Group Doesn't Work

I have SMS Reporting installed and running fine, at least if you are a
member of the Domain Administrators group. After adding remote control
functionality to the machine details pages, I wanted the Help Desk personnel
to be able to use the web interface instead of having to use the SMS
Administrator's Console when using remote control to solve user issues. I
added the domain global group that contains the Help Desk staff to the SMS
Reporting Users on the SMS Site Server.

When a member of the Help Desk tries accessing the web reports site, they
get a popup authentication box asking for their user name, password, and
domain. After trying to enter their credentials 3 times, the web page will
display "HTTP 401.3 - Access is denied by ACL on resource". I went to
C:\InetPub\wwwroot\SiteDB_SMS_SiteCode and ensured that the SMS Reporting
Users local group has Read and Execute permissions on this folder and all
subfolders, but this did not solve the permissions issue. If I add a user to
the local Administrators group on the SMS Site Server then they have no
problems accessing the web reports web site, but this is not acceptable from
a server security standpoint.

Any ideas where I need to look for the permissions problem?

2. Copying burnt CD to Xbox

3. Possible to drill down into 'usercertificate' property?

4. invisible cells while placing

5. Drill down user in top 10 of SBS reports

6. Problem with some controls in Lcc win32 2003

7. Drill Down in Reports

8. What Does A/B Carrier Mean?

9. I can't get Crystal Reports working using 2.0

10. Server Status Report Doesn't Work

11. Win95 'map network drive at logon' doesn't work when I use DHCP?

12. Q: Why doesn't 'admin users' seem to work?

13. 2.0.3 doesn't work with Win98 now (used to work with Win95)