IE does not browse in SBS. Can connect to provider but no browse?

IE does not browse in SBS. Can connect to provider but no browse?

Post by please » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Can anyone tell me why I can't browse the internet, I am using IE 4.0 that
comes w/ SBS. We can connect to the internet but we cannot browse. Hmm? Had
this problem before with another customer but I can't get in touch with him
to get resolution.

Checked all of the obvious >> DNS addresses, gateways etc. Nothing really
unique here except that we have two modems installed in the server.

Any ideas?

Bo Clower
Arkansas Network Services

IE does not browse in SBS. Can connect to provider but no browse?

Post by please » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Can anyone tell me why I can't browse the internet, I am using IE 4.0 that
comes w/ SBS. We can connect to the internet but we cannot browse. Hmm? Had
this problem before with another customer but I can't get in touch with him
to get resolution.

Checked all of the obvious >> DNS addresses, gateways etc. Nothing really
unique here except that we have two modems installed in the server.

Any ideas?

Bo Clower
Arkansas Network Services

IE does not browse in SBS. Can connect to provider but no browse?

Post by Cris Hanna, BS, MC » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Did you change any of the default settings on SBS? Like the server address?

Did you run the computer setup disks on your workstations?

Right click on the IE icon on a workstation, choose properties, then click
on the connection tab,
Is the box checked to tell IE to go through a proxy server and is the
address correct for the server?

Start with these and come back if it doesn't help

Cris Hanna, BS, MCP

>Can anyone tell me why I can't browse the internet, I am using IE 4.0 that
>comes w/ SBS. We can connect to the internet but we cannot browse. Hmm? Had
>this problem before with another customer but I can't get in touch with him
>to get resolution.

>Checked all of the obvious >> DNS addresses, gateways etc. Nothing really
>unique here except that we have two modems installed in the server.

>Any ideas?

>Bo Clower
>Arkansas Network Services

1. Browse master, browse list, but no response to browse requests?

On 1.9.18p4 . This is a switched network with other machines on it...
basically the other machines in this workgroup *should* either be
'95 or samba servers. The three server versions on the three samba
servers are...
"Samba 1.9.18p4" "Samba 1.9.17p4"  "Samba 1.9.16p9"

Problem is that the 1.9.16p9 (we've got this for historical reasons -
NTrigue wouldnt talk to the later versions) always ends up being the
browse master, even though no other machine will talk to it.

ie: you can't get a browse list for this network, because they all
think that the 1.9.18p4 machine is the master, but that machine
refuses to hand over its browse list[1]; and the 1.9.16p9 machine
gets a browse list when I told it not to. AAAGH.

        HELP!

                Baz

[1] It exists, it looks ok.
--
****====----                                              Brian Ewins.
Fax: (44) 141 220 6100                             Tel: 07050 612 229

2. Surfer font... please?

3. Notebook on SBS will not connect Browse

4. Call to CreateDispatch() from my TSP file.

5. Browsing: Samba server not always in browse list

6. Libretto60 Benchmarks!!!!!!!!

7. IE 5 on SBS 4.5 for browsing offline

8. VPN - connected but not browsing

9. STOP Samba from being a browse list master / backup browse list

10. Browse Master in lmhosts and can't see browse list

11. Cannot browse the net with IE

12. Laptop unable to browse with IE after 4.5 Upgrade's client app install..HELPPPP !!!