I need to migrate a SBS2000SP1 to SBS2003 version in a different hardware
incuding A/D, Exchange, SQL, ISA, shared folders, and so on...
Can anyone recommend me a good document and tools to perform this?
Kevin Weilbacher [SBS-MVP]
"The days pass by so quickly now, the nights are seldom long"
>>>I need to migrate a SBS2000SP1 to SBS2003 version in a different hardware
>>>incuding A/D, Exchange, SQL, ISA, shared folders, and so on...
>>> Can anyone recommend me a good document and tools to perform this?
Network is running Small Business Server 2000 with SBS Exchange and ISA on a
single server. A new server has been purchased which Windows 2003 server and
exchange 2003 was purchased. I need to know the easiest upgrade path. My
1. Add the new server to the domain, promote it to a DC
2. Move DNS, DHCP, and WINS to the new server.
3. Restore all data from tape from the old server to the new server
4. Install Exchange 2003 on the new server.
5. Use EXMERGE to move the mail boxes to the new server.
6. Move the FSMO to the new server.
7. Decommission the old server.
Will this work? Or does anyone have a migration plan that is more detailed?
Anyone have any ideas or migration information that they have used?