Added structure for 3rd party programs

Added structure for 3rd party programs

Post by Mariette Knap [SBS MVP » Sun, 15 Feb 2004 21:32:08



Added:

Smallbizserver.Net - FAQ > 3rd party applications:
http://www.smallbizserver.net/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=35

for:

GFI Faxmaker for Exchange
GFI MailEssentials for Exchange/SMTP
GFI MailSecurity for Exchange/SMTP
Trend Micro Client/Server/Messaging Suite
Vamsoft ORF Enterprise Edition

Will write reviews about these programs soon. I also added the possibility
for *registered users* to take part in discussions about these 3rd party
programs. If you have used those programs and want to write about your
experience please do. Let me know if I should add another 3rd party program
to the list (SBS 2003 compatible only)

--
Mari?tte Knap - MVP
http://www.smallbizserver.net

 
 
 

Added structure for 3rd party programs

Post by Andrew » Mon, 16 Feb 2004 01:24:58


Hi Mariette

As before, your new site is going to be one of the most useful in the SBS
environment.  Can I make a suggestion, please?  Since it's a work in
progress, with quite a few empty pages, how about either color coding or
putting a "work in progress" icon next to the link to save us browsing empty
pages.

Thanks

Andrew



Quote:> Added:

> Smallbizserver.Net - FAQ > 3rd party applications:
> http://www.smallbizserver.net/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=35

> for:

> GFI Faxmaker for Exchange
> GFI MailEssentials for Exchange/SMTP
> GFI MailSecurity for Exchange/SMTP
> Trend Micro Client/Server/Messaging Suite
> Vamsoft ORF Enterprise Edition

> Will write reviews about these programs soon. I also added the possibility
> for *registered users* to take part in discussions about these 3rd party
> programs. If you have used those programs and want to write about your
> experience please do. Let me know if I should add another 3rd party
program
> to the list (SBS 2003 compatible only)

> --
> Mari?tte Knap - MVP
> http://www.smallbizserver.net


 
 
 

Added structure for 3rd party programs

Post by Mariette Knap [SBS MVP » Mon, 16 Feb 2004 05:29:59




> As before, your new site is going to be one of the most useful in the
> SBS environment.  Can I make a suggestion, please?  Since it's a work
> in progress, with quite a few empty pages, how about either color
> coding or putting a "work in progress" icon next to the link to save
> us browsing empty pages.

All old pages should appear now on the site, I have moved them all...I
think. The empty pages are place holders for me to do... I'll put something
there like you suggested. I can't make the link look different, sorry.
--
Mari?tte Knap - MVP
http://www.smallbizserver.net
 
 
 

Added structure for 3rd party programs

Post by Mariette Knap [SBS MVP » Mon, 16 Feb 2004 05:41:30




> As before, your new site is going to be one of the most useful in the
> SBS environment.  Can I make a suggestion, please?  Since it's a work
> in progress, with quite a few empty pages, how about either color
> coding or putting a "work in progress" icon next to the link to save
> us browsing empty pages.

OK, found a way to completely hide pages that are not finished. Try to find
the 3rd party link, it is gone but I can still use it as admin :-)

--
Mari?tte Knap - MVP
http://www.smallbizserver.net

 
 
 

Added structure for 3rd party programs

Post by Michael Jenkin [SBS MVP » Mon, 16 Feb 2004 11:59:04


This is a great step forward for the SBS world !


Quote:> Added:

> Smallbizserver.Net - FAQ > 3rd party applications:
> http://www.smallbizserver.net/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=35

> for:

> GFI Faxmaker for Exchange
> GFI MailEssentials for Exchange/SMTP
> GFI MailSecurity for Exchange/SMTP
> Trend Micro Client/Server/Messaging Suite
> Vamsoft ORF Enterprise Edition

> Will write reviews about these programs soon. I also added the possibility
> for *registered users* to take part in discussions about these 3rd party
> programs. If you have used those programs and want to write about your
> experience please do. Let me know if I should add another 3rd party program
> to the list (SBS 2003 compatible only)

--
Michael J. Jenkin MVP - SBS, Senior Systems Engineer , Millennium
Business Solutions
Microsoft Valued Professional, Microsoft's Windows Server Systems -
Small Business Server
MVP's do not work for Microsoft. If this email was generated in a
newsgroup, please reply only to the newsgroup.
Note: The contents of my postings and responses here represent my
personal opinions and do not necessarily reflect the views, thoughts or
feelings of Microsoft or any of its employees.
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
 
 
 

Added structure for 3rd party programs

Post by Mariette Knap [SBS MVP » Tue, 17 Feb 2004 04:51:29




Michael J. Jenkin MVP - SBS, Senior Systems Engineer , Millennium
Business Solutions
Microsoft Valued Professional, Microsoft's Windows Server Systems -
Small Business Server

MVP = Most Valuable Professional and *not* Microsoft Valued
Professional...or am I mistaken?

--
Mari?tte Knap - MVP
http://www.smallbizserver.net

 
 
 

Added structure for 3rd party programs

Post by Michael Jenkin [SBS MVP » Tue, 17 Feb 2004 11:25:37


You are not mistaken. This is what happens when a person rushes things.
they make mistakes.

Thanks for the feedback !




> Michael J. Jenkin MVP - SBS, Senior Systems Engineer , Millennium
> Business Solutions
> Microsoft Valued Professional, Microsoft's Windows Server Systems -
> Small Business Server

> MVP = Most Valuable Professional and *not* Microsoft Valued
> Professional...or am I mistaken?

--
Michael J. Jenkin MVP - SBS, Senior Systems Engineer , Millennium
Business Solutions
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional, Microsoft's Windows Server Systems
- Small Business Server
MVP's do not work for Microsoft. If this email was generated in a
newsgroup, please reply only to the newsgroup.
Note: The contents of my postings and responses here represent my
personal opinions and do not necessarily reflect the views, thoughts or
feelings of Microsoft or any of its employees.
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
 
 
 

Added structure for 3rd party programs

Post by Susan Bradley, CPA aka Ebitz - SBS Rocks [MVP » Tue, 17 Feb 2004 14:58:28


Mariette has always been a step forward and above and beyond the rest.  :-)


> This is a great step forward for the SBS world !


>>Added:

>>Smallbizserver.Net - FAQ > 3rd party applications:
>>http://www.smallbizserver.net/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=35

>>for:

>>GFI Faxmaker for Exchange
>>GFI MailEssentials for Exchange/SMTP
>>GFI MailSecurity for Exchange/SMTP
>>Trend Micro Client/Server/Messaging Suite
>>Vamsoft ORF Enterprise Edition

>>Will write reviews about these programs soon. I also added the possibility
>>for *registered users* to take part in discussions about these 3rd party
>>programs. If you have used those programs and want to write about your
>>experience please do. Let me know if I should add another 3rd party program
>>to the list (SBS 2003 compatible only)

--
http://www.sbslinks.com/really.htm
 
 
 

1. Adding 3rd Party Software to install list when adding a SBS client

I recently visisted an SBS site and noticed that they had managed to add the
Sage Accounts package as one of the software options available for install
via the Console or build disk when connecting a workstation.

This feature would be very handy to me as we have a number of standard
software packages which we have to manually install once we have connected
the workstation.

How is this done?

2. Frame backup to T1

3. Launching 3rd party programs..

4. FS: A1200 + Blizzard 1230 50MHz

5. Control of 3rd party programs

6. BitSurfer Pro - Win95 & POTS

7. difference between structured program and object oriented program(C++)??

8. hpgl to dgn translator

9. Junk Email - 3rd party filtering software for SBS4.5/Exch5.5?

10. SBS & 3rd Party Software

11. 3rd party client/server package running on SBS server

12. 3rd party fax software

13. NTbackup vs 3rd Party backup