setup computer wizzard failing

Post by John » Fri, 22 Feb 2002 08:29:30

Are you logging in as Administrator ?

Quote:> Please could anybody help

> the following error appears when trying to set up a client
> computer using the sbs console

> access rights to create and delete computer objects are
> required to run the set up computer wizzard.

> thanks

setup computer wizzard failing

Post by andre » Fri, 22 Feb 2002 17:23:20

Yes. ive now found the problem. the DNS server was not
looking at itself for the active directory entries.

thanks

1. Add New Computer Wizzard not working (SBS 4.5) & Moving shared folders

I made the mistake of moving the "company" and "user" shared folders to
another drive.  I moved them back and restore the Permission information
according to Q189088.  However, the add new computer wizzard still does not
work.  I get the following error messages ...

"The setup wizzard was unable to locate one or more optional programs.  The
setup computer wizzard will terminate"

"Error loading C;\SmallBusiness\scw.dll
A dynamic link library initialization routine failed"

I tried reinstalling according to Q214688 , but that did not work.  I still
get the same error.  Anyone know how I can get it to work again without
completely reinstalling?

Additional info.... I can set up new users and a shared folder is created,
however when I delete the new user the shared folder remains in the User
Shared Folder directory.  Also, before moving the company and user shared
folders back and resetting permissions, I had deleted a computer.  SBS still
allows this computer to log in.

2. Windows CE .NET

3. New User Setup/New Computer Setup Problem

4. FS: Indigo2 Exterme 250Mhz

5. Setup fails with Error 0x80150804: VAIFy failed

6. PORTS and Gnutella

7. error starting internet connection wizzard

8. which printer has water resistant ink? Epson 1440?

9. How can i change the homedriveletter and loginscript if i use the new user wizzard ?

10. Error running Internet Connection Wizzard

11. Internet connection wizzard - router / cable modem

12. Setup Computer Wizard !

13. No users in Setup Computer wizard