fax out solutions???? RAS FAXING DIALOUT?????

fax out solutions???? RAS FAXING DIALOUT?????

Post by Red Deer Chamber of Commerc » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Can SBS be setup to use a 3rd party fax software with a dialogic or
brooktrout fax board? and have a modem on a seperate line to allow isp
access and ras????

fax out solutions???? RAS FAXING DIALOUT?????

Post by Grey Lancaste » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I think so.  The 3rd party app would use modem sharing not MS/sbs fax.
--
Grey

http://web.infoave.net/~solutions/sbs.htm

SUBSCRIBE in the body of the message

This is not intended to replace this group, just supplement it.  Sometimes
these newsgroups are very slow at accepting posts.

~

Quote:> Can SBS be setup to use a 3rd party fax software with a dialogic or

Look at www.gfifax.com
They have a product called Fax for Exchange and you can download a trial 2
user version. We are currently looking at a similar setup with this product
but haven't done a final install yet.
Mark Hurst

Quote:>Can SBS be setup to use a 3rd party fax software with a dialogic or
>brooktrout fax board? and have a modem on a seperate line to allow isp
>access and ras????

fax out solutions???? RAS FAXING DIALOUT?????

Post by Carste » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I have Zetafax from Equisys running on NT. They support these fax boards. You
can add as well an emailgateway so you can send faxes by email, the only catch
is that if you send attachments that you must hve a copy of the application you
used to create the file/attachment on the server as well for rendering. It is
working fine. But haven't tried it under SBS, You can download a 5user 30day
demo and try it. This should help.

--

Carsten Selinger
Laybond Products Ltd.

fax out solutions???? RAS FAXING DIALOUT?????

Post by Alan Nagl » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

We use Alcom Lanfax from www.alcom.com (evaluation version downloadable). It
integrates with exchange and so you can use Outlook (or whatever) as the
client for everything. Supports Brooktrout boards, too, and also is
available as a 3rd party (ie not integrated with Exchange) app.

Alan.

Quote:>Can SBS be setup to use a 3rd party fax software with a dialogic or
>brooktrout fax board? and have a modem on a seperate line to allow isp
>access and ras????

1. How can I import older Win95-faxes into a SBS 4.5 fax-solution?

Hello Experts,
I'm just THIS close of selling a 10 user SBS-solution to one of my
customers................BUT.....what about thier faxes?

They are now running a NT-server 4.0 and Win95 clients. I want them to
change their clients into NT Workstations and get a SBS-server instead.

They have an Win95-maschine, using the Outlook97 faxclient to received
faxes. This have been running for 2 years, and they won't loose there
archive of faxes, (Incoming invoices etc.). I've tried setting up a NTW, but
the faxclient for NTW wouldn't work at all.

Will the SBS adapt the old faxarchive? Or do anybody know a 3. party product
to do the trick

I'm listening!

2. SPSS Trial Version in the WWW?

3. Solution: Faxing with Samba - faxing.txt [1/1]

4. Windows 2000 server and NT 4.0 server

5. Fax Client sends corrupted faxes to server and then cannot send further faxes

6. FAQ: comp.ai.genetic part 5/6 (A Guide to Frequently Asked Questions)

7. FAX Service not recieving incoming FAXES; Sending outgoing FAXES works fine

8. Source

9. Unable to fax from Outlook (Contacts) using Fax client /MS Fax

10. Is SBS fax server a good solution?

11. Faxing solution for SBS????

12. Dire need of Fax Solution PLEASE!

13. Best faxing solution