Faxing from Adobe Acrobat Problems

Post by Michael Lawles » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I am trying to fax PDF documents from Acrobat using SBS and Win95(OSR2)
clients.  When we submit the job we receive the following error message:

Error submitting fax to print server: Aborted from print manager

When we try printing the documents from NT4 WKS machines there are no
problems and the documents are sent.

I have tried changing the data type from EMF to RAW and that didn't help.
Maybe something in the spool settings?  These documents are quite large and
take a few seconds to spool even to our HP printers.

Michael Lawless

(201) 934-7500

Faxing from Adobe Acrobat Problems

Post by Bill Krahm » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Go to:
http://www.electrasoft.com/10GoodReasons/
to see what THEY are saying about fax software.

On Mon, 12 Oct 1998 12:52:00 -0400, "Michael Lawless"

>I am trying to fax PDF documents from Acrobat using SBS and Win95(OSR2)
>clients.  When we submit the job we receive the following error message:

>Error submitting fax to print server: Aborted from print manager

>When we try printing the documents from NT4 WKS machines there are no
>problems and the documents are sent.

>I have tried changing the data type from EMF to RAW and that didn't help.
>Maybe something in the spool settings?  These documents are quite large and
>take a few seconds to spool even to our HP printers.

>Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

         Kind Regards,
         Bill Krahmer, ElectraSoft

 Get newest version of [FaxMail for Windows], [FaxMail Network for Windows]
 or [32bit Fax], free trial: http://www.ElectraSoft.com/
 To read what users are saying about ElectraSoft's fax software, go to
 http://www.ElectraSoft.com/10GoodReasons/

1. Faxing from Adobe Acrobat

I am using MS SBS with a few 95 clients and one NT 4 WKS client.  We just
got the faxing working and I still need to iron out some bugs.

We cannot fax from Adobe Acrobat from the 95 clients.  We can successfully
send Acrobat documents from the NT4 WKS, though.

Whenever we try to fax from Acrobat off of a Win95 machine we get "Could not
submit job to print server" message.  Or something along those lines.  When
I searched the KB I found the exact issue and Microsoft acknowledged the
problem, but no solution.  I have tried changing the data type from RAW to
EMF as someone had suggested to me, but that didn't work (although it
cleaned up a different problem).

The documents that we are trying to send a rather complex and take a while
to spool, even to real printers.  Has anyone else seen a problem like this?
Any suggestions/solutions?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Michael Lawless

2. Looking for a scheduling program

3. Faxing with SBS from Adobe Acrobat

4. "Dupeless" program

5. help with adobe acrobat

6. WWIV BBS Software

7. Uninstalling Older Versions Of Adobe Acrobat Via SMS

8. Dacom Gold 56K and S5

9. Distributing Adobe Acrobat Reader 4.05

10. Adobe Acrobat v3 (installshield)

11. How to push out new Adobe Acrobat 5.0

12. Adobe Acrobat Reader

13. Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0