Upgrading from SBS4 to SBS2000.

Post by Milena Low » Fri, 03 May 2002 12:11:08

Hi,

I am wanting to upgrade our current SBS to SBS2000. I also want to run
Terminal Server as an application server. I have purchased a new Server for
this but am unsure as which way I should go. Can I install Windows 2000
Server on the new server to run Terminal Services for a particular
application, and be able to access it through the SBS NT4 Server? Or Do I
need to also upgrade the SBS NT4 Server to SBS 2000 to be able to access it?
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Mil

Upgrading from SBS4 to SBS2000.

Post by Merv Nixo » Fri, 03 May 2002 20:46:44

Hi Mil,

If you are happy with your SBS 4 running on its present hardware and only
want to run TS for remote users that add a windows 2000 server to your
domain. Win2K server included terminal services which can run in admin mode
(2 free users) or application mode (requires TS licences for each log in).
If you are using win2K Pro or XP pro these included the TS licences so you
do not need to aquire any additional TS licences.

regards

Merv N

Quote:> Hi,

> I am wanting to upgrade our current SBS to SBS2000. I also want to run
> Terminal Server as an application server. I have purchased a new Server
for
> this but am unsure as which way I should go. Can I install Windows 2000
> Server on the new server to run Terminal Services for a particular
> application, and be able to access it through the SBS NT4 Server? Or Do I
> need to also upgrade the SBS NT4 Server to SBS 2000 to be able to access
it?
> Any help would be appreciated.

> Thanks
> Mil

1. upgrading sbs4.5 to sbs2000

Hi all,

When i try to upgrade from sbs4,5 to sbs2000 the wizard stops with the
following error message;

U must logged on with the default administrators account as "Administrator"
.
Read the updated remarks of this release on the web to change the username
and the connected services
to "Administrator".

The are no links to the web to find a solutions. We have a Dutch version of
SBS and the Administrator is called
"beheerder" in Dutch so i think this causes the problem.

Anyone have an idea.

Thank you in advance.

2. Mapping to different target fields per loop iteration

3. Upgrade fom SBS4.5 to SBS2000

4. font that looks like written with marker

5. SBS4.5 to SBS2000 Upgrade path?

6. cd-r ... cd-rw ... dvd ........... what to choose?

7. Email problem after upgrading from SBS4.5 to SBS2000

8. Biological computers

9. SBS4.5 - Upgrade to SBS2000 on Same Box

10. SBS4.5 to SBS2000 Upgrade using a new server

11. upgrading from sbs4.5 to sbs2000

12. upgrading sbs4.5 to sbs2000

13. Upgrading SBS4.5 to SBS2000