Modems and Modem Sharing Service

Post by Paul Erickso » Fri, 15 Jun 2001 01:21:52

I saw a previous post from Cris Hanna regarding this.  Is there a limit to
the modems in a modem pool?  I think Cris suggested that the max amout of
modems per pool is 4.
Rgds,

Modems and Modem Sharing Service

Post by SBS-MV » Fri, 15 Jun 2001 07:47:05

Hey Paul
to the best of my knowledge this has not changed from 4.5 and the modems must be identical to be in a pool

With regard to RAS itself there is only a limit of 256 modems

  I saw a previous post from Cris Hanna regarding this.  Is there a limit to
  the modems in a modem pool?  I think Cris suggested that the max amout of
  modems per pool is 4.
  Rgds,

Modems and Modem Sharing Service

Post by Paul Erickso » Sat, 16 Jun 2001 22:28:20

Would appreciate any additional info.  I have installed a couple of multiport modem cards and would like to use 8 modems per pool.  I actually did this and everything seemed to work fine (for the moment).

  Hey Paul
  to the best of my knowledge this has not changed from 4.5 and the modems must be identical to be in a pool

  With regard to RAS itself there is only a limit of 256 modems

    I saw a previous post from Cris Hanna regarding this.  Is there a limit to
    the modems in a modem pool?  I think Cris suggested that the max amout of
    modems per pool is 4.
    Rgds,

1. Shared modem service & shared fax service

Greetings!  Need some setup help.  First time trying to
set up the fax service.  Have a server with three internal
modems that are going to be used strictly for large volume
faxing.  Going to set up the Shared Fax Service.  Do I
also have to install/set up the Shared Modem Service?  I
do not think that I do but just want to check as I haven't
found any documentation one way or the other.  Thanks.

--mike

2. Backing up my Palm V

3. SBS Shared Modem + IE4 uses shared modem AND Proxy Dial-out!?%$

4. WCheckExists in Visual Test

5. Fax Sharing/Modem Sharing with one modem

6. Debug Kernel Version

7. Can Proxy share modems with Modem Sharing?

8. Map object/class

9. I got a cable modem I got a cable modem I got a cable modem

10. Fax service, RAS and Modem sharing service?

11. Modems for Fax server and Modem sharing

12. Modem Sharing: Modem pools not visible on client ports

13. Shared Modem - modem not functional on client pc