Error! Logs from ___ are too large to transmit.

Error! Logs from ___ are too large to transmit.

Post by Shaq » Tue, 20 Mar 2001 23:05:10

I receive status reports from my server each week.  It tells me what
services are running and how full my hard drives are, but a third file
doesn't get transmited and I get the following error in my email:

"Error! Logs from your organization are too large to transmit."  (The
organization is filled in the email.)

What should I do about this?  My machine is running as desired (for the most
part).  What log file is it trying to transmit and why is it so big?

Thanks,
Shaq

Error! Logs from ___ are too large to transmit.

Post by Steve Smit » Wed, 21 Mar 2001 03:12:05

There is a size limiation of 750KB. This can be changed by following the
instructions in article Q238484.

Steve

Quote:> I receive status reports from my server each week.  It tells me what
> services are running and how full my hard drives are, but a third file
> doesn't get transmited and I get the following error in my email:

> "Error! Logs from your organization are too large to transmit."  (The
> organization is filled in the email.)

> What should I do about this?  My machine is running as desired (for the
most
> part).  What log file is it trying to transmit and why is it so big?

> Thanks,
> Shaq

Error! Logs from ___ are too large to transmit.

Post by Robert J » Thu, 22 Mar 2001 13:53:04

Is there a way to shrink these log files without having to edit the
registry?

I'm not so sure that I want files much larger than 1MB being sent to my "low
limit" hotmail account!