ADSI Tool

Post by Darren Farme » Sat, 26 Oct 2002 03:29:05

I would like to be able to retrieve information from AD
such as what users are in which groups etc.. I have heard
of the ADSI Tool which is available, but with my lack of
programming knowledge I don't think i'll be able to write
my own program.

Has anyone done this?

Are there tools out there which can do this?

Any assistance would be of help.

TIA

Darren Farmer

ADSI Tool

Post by Chris Leec » Mon, 28 Oct 2002 00:24:42

http://www.softheap.com/security/windows-2000--resource-kit.html

http://www.15seconds.com/faq/ADSI/623.htm

http://gethelp.devx.com/techtips/nt_pro/10_minute_solutions/10min0400...

essentially try google with ADSI as one of your search parameters

--
Chris Leech, MCP

---

Quote:> I would like to be able to retrieve information from AD
> such as what users are in which groups etc.. I have heard
> of the ADSI Tool which is available, but with my lack of
> programming knowledge I don't think i'll be able to write
> my own program.

> Has anyone done this?

> Are there tools out there which can do this?

> Any assistance would be of help.

> TIA

> Darren Farmer

1. ADSI Browsing tool?

Does anyone know where a tool for easily browsing ADSI would be found?

I did a check in Google on this group and couldn't find anything other
than references to someone _using_ a tool from Microsoft - so I
suspect if there is, it isn't "called" an ADSI browser.

As an alternative, I have used ADSI Edit, and would find it reasonable
if I could tweak one thing: I cannot force connection to my test root
server remotely.  My workstation is a WinXP box which is not logging
on to the test domain. If I attempt to run ADSI Edit from it after
registering the supporting DLL, I get snap-in init failures - even if
I try a "runas" with an account which has identical credentials
locally and on the server.  Since the snap-in failure occurs almost
instantly, I suspect it is a configuration issue - hopefully not one
which is only soluble by just running it from a server.

2. Tweak UI

3. BORK TOOLS OR 1.2 CD TOOLS

4. Latest IOS for Catalyst 2950

5. iis lockdown tool - should be SBS ballsup tool!

6. USB Scanner software for Mac OS9 - VueScan?

7. Remote Tools - Cannot Access (Some) W/S running Remote Tools

8. repeated messages

9. ADSI 2.5 or ADSI Run-time????

10. Migrating from ADSI 2.5+WinNT4.0+Exch5.5 to Win2k+ADSI+Exch2k

11. Should the ADSI programmer community migrate to platformsdk.adsi?

12. SBS 4.5 Modem Monitor Tool

13. OT: Tool to clean out Swen from a pop mailbox