1. SBS 2000 Email setup for Internet service provider (ISP) email accounts
Outlook 2000 client side setup questions:
1. Do we add an ISP email account for each external
email account by using the add services internet e-mail or
just use the SBS 2000 local Microsoft exchange server with
local user for external internet ISP email?
2. If we use the Internet email service in Outlook,
what entry do we use for POP3 incoming mail and what entry
for outgoing SMTP mail? Does either entry use the SBS2000
exchange server domain name? Do we use the POP3 and SMTP
entries provided by the ISP?
SBS 2000 server email setup for ISP email accounts
The SBS 2000 server Internet connection wizard
(ICW) is not clear on the proper setup for ISP email
account setup. We have tried several combinations with no
success. We have read all of the more information screens,
referred to the SBS 2000 Resource Kit book, looked thru
the SBS 2000 newsgroups and tried the Microsoft knowledge
Here are some questions and info using the ICW step-by-
1. We used the full-time broadband choice. The ISP is
Telocity.com (DSL Service) The full time form was printed
out and filled in.
2. IP address information:
192.168.16.2 3Com NIC (internal)
192.168.111.2 Netgear NIC (external)
192.168.111.1 Gateway (firewall/router)
192.168.16.0 – 192.168.16.255 (Local address
3. The use POP3 and SMTP are both checked on the ICW
4. Configure domain name is set to companyname.local.
This was the same domain used during SBS 2000
installation. Must we have a registered Internet domain
name for external ISP external email to work correctly?
5. Use DNS is checked (fulltime connection)
6. We added an ISP POP3 email account as follows:
A. POP3 individual mailbox
B. IP address of ISP email server. Can the email
server name be used instead? Some ISP’s change the IP
address of the email server.
C. ISP email account name, password – password, basic
D. Local exchange server user - added local user name.
E. Check email time is 15 minutes.
F. Enable ISA server packet filtering is checked with
all options checked.
We feel we may be limited to some degree by our knowledge
of email setup for SBS 4.5 We have setup and maintained
several SBS 4.5 systems by bypassing the exchange server
(did not use the exchange internet connector available
from Microsoft) thru proxy server. Any help would be
2. control notes 4.6 starting and stopping
3. SBS 4.5 beta & SBS Setup
4. MKS Source Integrity vs Perforce
5. Scripted setup for 3com 90x NIC & SBS 4.0, SBS 4.5
6. HELP! Hard Disk Question
7. SBS 4.5 setup
8. HP Service Guard question
9. SBS 4.5 BO Proxy/Client Set-up
10. Setup discs for SBS 4.5
11. How to setup a secondary DSL service with a SBS 4.5 server
12. W2000 Setup for SBS 4.5
13. SBS 4.5 and Windows 98Me Client setup problem