POP3 and SMPT Confused

Post by Andycla » Sat, 24 Nov 2001 22:39:51

client has prob with email (temp set up OExpress to send and receive!)

Client has domain registered and hosted at separate ISP as www.companydom.co.uk with dompassword as password  and ISP offers numerous pops boxes. popbox  address  is mail.companydom.co.uk

client wants to have email via exchange rather than each workstation using sep popboxes.

SBS 4.0 upgraded to 4.5 (but exchange is still as v5.0 for some reason) and I have talked then through using Internet wizard to set up and the wizard states failed to configure email then they cannot receive email via exchange although I have just received one sent from Outlook by client.

What have I missed to be able to send via outlook/exchange  but not receive?  Could it be SMTP settings?poss retrieve mail option? i.e. send message or not

POP3 and SMPT Confused

Post by SBS-MV » Sun, 25 Nov 2001 00:13:39

Need to get exchange up to V5.5 then download and install POP3 connector for Exchange

You can pull from as many different pop boxes as you wish

--
Cris Hanna (SBS - MVP)
Please only repond to the NG and not to my email so that all may benefit from the information

  client has prob with email (temp set up OExpress to send and receive!)

  Client has domain registered and hosted at separate ISP as www.companydom.co.uk with dompassword as password  and ISP offers numerous pops boxes. popbox  address  is mail.companydom.co.uk

  client wants to have email via exchange rather than each workstation using sep popboxes.

  SBS 4.0 upgraded to 4.5 (but exchange is still as v5.0 for some reason) and I have talked then through using Internet wizard to set up and the wizard states failed to configure email then they cannot receive email via exchange although I have just received one sent from Outlook by client.

  What have I missed to be able to send via outlook/exchange  but not receive?  Could it be SMTP settings?poss retrieve mail option? i.e. send message or not

1. Setup SBS2K Exchange for SMPT email receve

Hi All

Our server was setup for POP3 but now we want to have mail delivered direct
to our server.

Our ISP can deliver SMTP and I will set that up when we have the server
configured.

I need to know any setting I need to make to make sure the mail is delivered
to the correct mail box on the server.

--
Regards

Simon Hardstaff

---

2. Tiny Personal Firewall LogAnalyzer

3. Remote email & SMPT

4. AFFORDABLE CD-RECORDING/DUPLICATION

5. Problem with SMPT service

6. StarOffice 5.1a install/setup problem..

7. Can't stop SMPT relaying

8. Generalization of the Frequency Concept

9. NMSVDV SMPT E-mail resolved

10. SMPT

11. smpt reply address

12. SMPT ISP and Exchange...