desktop icons disappear

Post by Joseph R. Pottschmid » Sun, 25 Jun 2006 05:52:04

Dear SLehinger:

If they are VPNing into the server that should allow them to be
connected as part of the domain, but if they are a user that is not
connected to the domain, then the laptop create another profile that use
used when the computer is not connected to the home domain. This is the
reason why the icons that you're speaking of, don't show or do not
appear.

If you want to have this user be able to see both off the network and on
the network, you're going to have to create a profile that is not part
of the domain and have the user setup all the icons that he wants on his
desktop. Then create rules in ISA that would allow him to view internet
resources.

Hopefully that helps,

Joe P.