Forcing NT to download file upon client log on

Forcing NT to download file upon client log on

Post by The Mortgage Exchang » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Has anyone ever been able to force NT to copy a file or download the
contents of a directory upon authenticating a user?  Example: When a RAS
client logs in, NT must download a certain log file.

Forcing NT to download file upon client log on

Post by Cris Hanna, BS, MCP, MV » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

after the net use commands for mapping drives
have you tried doing a standard copy \\server\share\file.log c:\myfiles

Cris Hanna, BS, MCP
SBS-MVP

>Has anyone ever been able to force NT to copy a file or download the
>contents of a directory upon authenticating a user?  Example: When a RAS
>client logs in, NT must download a certain log file.

1. HELP!: downloading printer driver files to Windows 95/98/NT/2000 clients upon demand.

I have problems in downloading printer driver files to Windows
95/98/NT/2000 clients upon demand.
I have configure Samba with all user being printer admin, but when I
try to setting drivers for existing printers, the drivers are
installed locally on my Win2000 machine instead of the Samba server
into the directories that I specified with the Print$ share

2. PMMail File Attachments

3. downloading printer driver files to Windows 95/98/NT/2000 clients upon demand.

4. Problem with ping in 5.2 PPP

5. Forcing hostname upon NT box?

6. Mac Browsers

7. clioc.inf error upon logging in client PC

8. forcing a POP download from a client issued SEND & RECEIVE, Possible or Not!?

9. Win 95 explorer crash upon open directory; NT/Mac clients OK

10. SMS 2.0 client forces NT workstations to run autochk on every boot

11. Forcing POP3 to download

12. Downloading printer drivers from Samba to an NT client