MS Proxy Client 32-bit and Oracle SQL Plus 3.3 16-bit

MS Proxy Client 32-bit and Oracle SQL Plus 3.3 16-bit

Post by simonb.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi Guys,

Sorry if I have posted this in the wrong group but I have a strange
problem.

One of our Workstations has the MS Proxy Client installed that comes
with SBS 4 and 16 and 32-bit Oracle Clients so that he can connect to
our Oracle Server.  The 32-bit version works fine, no problems however,
if you try to connect to the server using SQL Plus 3.3 the program
hangs, giving you no option but to give the 3 finger salute
(CTL+ALT+DEL) to end task.  I found after lots of pain staking
investigation that if I uninstall the Proxy Client it all works again.
Any ideas?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/