sbs 4.5 and Terminal Server 2000 - fax setup

sbs 4.5 and Terminal Server 2000 - fax setup

Post by Rahu » Wed, 06 Feb 2002 13:29:58

Hello all,

One of my clients has:

A. Win NT SBS 4.5 (Exchange, SQL, fax) and is the domain controller.
B. Windows 2000 Server running Terminal Services (TS) (application
server)

The windows 2000 Server is a member of the domain but is NOT a
PDC/BDC. Active Directory is not installed.

I have been able to get Office 97, a heap of Australian insurance
software, Doctrieve (Document Management software) working properly.

Currently, users (NT4, W98, W95) logon to the SBS 4.5 server and are
able to fax using the SBS server.

My Objective:

I want to install the fax client on the Win 2000 TS so that each TS
client (logon) can then fax using the SBS 4.5 fax server setup on the
SBS 4.5 server. Each user should be able to recieve confirmations or
otherwise about their own faxes.

I have tried installing the NT4 client TS. The fax printers thus
installed is visible under the Administrator logon but is not visible
in the control panel for the 'regular' users.

I suspect it is a permissions issue but need some pointers please.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Rahul

sbs 4.5 and Terminal Server 2000 - fax setup

Post by SBS-MV » Wed, 06 Feb 2002 13:52:48

There is a special fix required for the 4.5 fax client to run on 2000
You can find more about this on the SBS home page

Quote:> Hello all,