Problem with Proxy 2 packet filter and Exchange client

Problem with Proxy 2 packet filter and Exchange client

Post by Jussi Rissane » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi

I have full time frame relay internet connection and I am using Exchange
Server 5.5 as E-mail Server.

I would like to use Proxy Server's packet filtering but if I enable that
feature Exchange Server's users with Outlook 2000 can't get new e-mail
messages when they arrive. They get those messages when they restart Outlook
or when they open some old message from inbox.

I think this is because of dynamic packet filtering in Proxy Server.

What should i do?

Jussi Rissanen
JR-CON

Problem with Proxy 2 packet filter and Exchange client

Post by Andrew » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

You need to add smtp, and optionally pop3, to the list of excluded protocols
in the proxy security filters screen.

Andrew W

Quote:> Hi