Fax Server WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY !!!!!!!

Post by Nick Goul » Tue, 13 Jan 1998 04:00:00

when i install fax server it works receives and sends messages to my admin
inbox..

if i reboot the machine it no longer works..it receives but doesnt pipe to
my inbox...

if i re-reinstall it works again.

ANY IDEAS.. I'm going crazy..

nick

Fax Server WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY !!!!!!!

Post by Grey Lancaste » Tue, 13 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Are you uninstalling first? or just reinstal?

--
Grey Lancaster

http://web.infoave.net/~solutions/sbs.htm

list

Quote:> when i install fax server it works receives and sends messages to my
admin
> inbox..

> if i reboot the machine it no longer works..it receives but doesnt pipe
> my inbox...

> if i re-reinstall it works again.

> ANY IDEAS.. I'm going crazy..

> nick

Fax Server WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY !!!!!!!

Post by Lex O'Conno » Wed, 14 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Nick,

Did you re-install just the FAX server or was it a complete SBS install ???

Lex

>when i install fax server it works receives and sends messages to my admin
>inbox..

>if i reboot the machine it no longer works..it receives but doesnt pipe to
>my inbox...

>if i re-reinstall it works again.

>ANY IDEAS.. I'm going crazy..

>nick

Fax Server WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY !!!!!!!

Post by Nick Goul » Wed, 14 Jan 1998 04:00:00

uninstalling first

>Are you uninstalling first? or just reinstal?

>--
>Grey Lancaster

Fax Server WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY !!!!!!!

Post by Grey Lancaste » Wed, 14 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Well I have no real idea but here is another problem and what I did.  If a
user on the client sends a fax to bob at 5551212 the next time he sends a
fax it says bob 555 1212 so if he picks a name from the address list it
still goes to bob at 555 1212 unless he deletes the bob and 555 1212.
There was a .ini file faxsvr maybee in his windows dir that had this.  I
set it to nothing and marked it read only.  Now the client is happy

Why did I say all this?  Maybe there is a .inf that gets rewritten when
faxserver starts?