security settings for folders & files

Post by JAKY PIL » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi all,

I have made a mess with some security settings on some folders.

Is there a way to cancel/delete/erase all security settings for folders
& files ??
(like deleting a specific file or somthing simple like that)

Thanks
Jaky Pilo

security settings for folders & files

Post by Cris Hanna, BS, MCP, MV » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

You could at the server level go to each share, right click, choose security
then click the box that says all subfolders and files and make your changes.

But there is no magic button to reset

If may be necessary in some cases for you to press the button that says
"Take Ownership" in order to affect your changes

--
Cris Hanna, BS, MCP
SBS-MVP

>Hi all,

>I have made a mess with some security settings on some folders.

>Is there a way to cancel/delete/erase all security settings for folders
>& files ??
>(like deleting a specific file or somthing simple like that)

>Thanks
>Jaky Pilo

security settings for folders & files

del the folder with the wrong settings and start again..............