Outbound mail in queue is not send

Post by Beheerde » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I hope any of you knows a solution to the following problem:

When a connection to the ISP already has been established, sending and
receiving mail is no problem. However, when any of the users send e-mail
from their workstations and there is no active connection to the ISP, their
message are queued and can be found in the Internet Mail Service Properties
page in the Queues tab.

One might  expect messages to be sent as soon as, either through the Proxy
server auto-connection or the Auto Dial Up Connections Properties as set in
the Internet Mail Service, is established.

Well, they aren't sent. They just keep sitting there in the queue waiting
for X-mas and Thanksgiving to be on one day....

Does this have something to do with the fact that Exchange waits for an ETRN
from the ISP before sending mail?

If this is the case, how can I overidde these settings and let Exchange try
as often as possible to sent the messages in order to get rid of them?

If anyone might have a clue or need more details about my settings, please
let me know, I am really looking for a solution to this problem.

Many thanks in advance,

Hans Naphausen

Outbound mail in queue is not send

Post by Jim Behni » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I have not had this happen but here is where I would look. Go to the
Exchange console and find the connections on the left pane, choose
Internet Mail Service on the right. I think there is a tab called
connections that lets you enter values. I have many accounts that have
dial up service so we set the account to use to make an internet
connection with the password. We also set it dial when mail is queued
but at most every 15 minutes. I may have recalled things slightly
incorrect but things make a bit more sense when you are in front of
the server. You will have to go to control panel/services and stop and
start the Exchange Internet Mail Service for the changes to go into
effect.

>I hope any of you knows a solution to the following problem:

>When a connection to the ISP already has been established, sending and
>receiving mail is no problem. However, when any of the users send e-mail
>from their workstations and there is no active connection to the ISP, their
>message are queued and can be found in the Internet Mail Service Properties
>page in the Queues tab.

>One might  expect messages to be sent as soon as, either through the Proxy
>server auto-connection or the Auto Dial Up Connections Properties as set in
>the Internet Mail Service, is established.

>Well, they aren't sent. They just keep sitting there in the queue waiting
>for X-mas and Thanksgiving to be on one day....

>Does this have something to do with the fact that Exchange waits for an ETRN
>from the ISP before sending mail?

>If this is the case, how can I overidde these settings and let Exchange try
>as often as possible to sent the messages in order to get rid of them?

>If anyone might have a clue or need more details about my settings, please
>let me know, I am really looking for a solution to this problem.

>Many thanks in advance,

>Hans Naphausen

Jim B.

1. Mail is not sent from the Queue

Hi

I have just updated our SBS from v4.5 sp4 to sp6a.

Since this time all outgoing e-mail had just stayed fixed in the
Exchanhe queues and does not get transmitted.

The dial up works OK and e-mail is received by the POP3 service

Sometimes if the dial up connection is made manually (i.e. by using
dial up networking and choosing dial) then restarting the Exchange
Internet Mail Service using the control panel the mail gets delivered,
but not always. Sometime you can view the queues in Exchange,
highlight them and choose Retry Now and again they get delivered, but
not always.

Has anyone got any ideas, as this is happening on both of our sites in
England.

Thanks in advance

John Brown

2. FTPD for HP-UX 9.05

3. Outbound mail stuck in server queue

4. External Modem does not respond to dail in

5. SBS Exchange - outbound mail stuck in queue

6. Unable set sharing rights on Win98 clients

7. Mail stuck in outbound queue with DSL

8. How to get FSSpec of its own?

9. Outbound mail just sits in queue

10. .INS files not being sent to one of our logon server

11. Cant Send Outbound Mail

12. SMTP Always Sending When No Mail In Queues

13. forcing queued mail to be sent