sbs shared fax

Post by LonelySta » Sun, 22 Dec 2002 01:36:49

what i can do to send automatically a received fax to
users mailboxes?

tks

LonelyStar

sbs shared fax

Post by Grey Lancaster [SBS Rocks MVP » Sun, 22 Dec 2002 02:25:57

SBS has no fax routing capabilities.  They will only go to one email address

--

Grey
SBS ROCKS MVP

Quote:> what i can do to send automatically a received fax to
> users mailboxes?

> tks

> LonelyStar

sbs shared fax

Post by Peter Rile » Sun, 22 Dec 2002 04:17:59

Grey - Can't you route them to a distribution list though?

--
Peter Riley

> SBS has no fax routing capabilities.  They will only go to one email
address

> --

> Grey
> SBS ROCKS MVP

> > what i can do to send automatically a received fax to
> > users mailboxes?

> > tks

> > LonelyStar

sbs shared fax

Post by Erik Veenhuijse » Sun, 22 Dec 2002 07:09:43

I think it's better to place incoming faxes in a public folder, that way
users can pull out the faxes intended for them, or just read/print and
leave/delete them.
Distributing all incoming faxes to a distribution list only creates a lot of
garbage in users mailboxes.
But that's just my opinion.

> Grey - Can't you route them to a distribution list though?

> --
> Peter Riley

message

> > SBS has no fax routing capabilities.  They will only go to one email
> address

> > --

> > Grey
> > SBS ROCKS MVP

> > > what i can do to send automatically a received fax to
> > > users mailboxes?

> > > tks

> > > LonelyStar

sbs shared fax

Post by Jason Moye » Sun, 22 Dec 2002 09:03:32

I agree.  The Public folder works great....Less garbage

Jason

> I think it's better to place incoming faxes in a public folder, that way
> users can pull out the faxes intended for them, or just read/print and
> leave/delete them.
> Distributing all incoming faxes to a distribution list only creates a lot
of
> garbage in users mailboxes.
> But that's just my opinion.

> > Grey - Can't you route them to a distribution list though?

> > --
> > Peter Riley

> message

> > > SBS has no fax routing capabilities.  They will only go to one email
> > address

> > > --

> > > Grey
> > > SBS ROCKS MVP

sbs shared fax

Post by LonelySta » Tue, 24 Dec 2002 22:04:46

to one mail box??? how i do that ??

tks

1. Seeting Up Win95 FAx Service Through SBS Shared Fax

I have Win NT and Win 95 PC's Connected to SBS Server. The NT boxes work
fine sending faxes. However, the 95 boxes are having problems. I can not get
through the initial setup of mail + fax services.
When first selecting the fax profile, It tells me no fax avaiable, this is
no problem, add fax, network fax, It see's the shared fax on the SBS, when I
select it the next dialog box says "enter shared directory for fax
services", this is the problem. no matter what I put in here,
(\nt_server\faxshare, \\nt_server\fax\data, \\nt_server\{valid_path},
C:\temp,) I get errors, Fax serviec not available. Can anyone push me in the
right direction? Thank you

2. Windows 2000 Server - Ntbackup Restore

3. Using SBS Shared fax in Outlook 2003

4. uhcd.sys blue screens ~ every 2 days <-- fix?

5. SBS Shared Fax Server

6. Graphics Project

7. SBS shared fax service

8. *** FS: Spuds Bracket(s) ***