If you think I am going to buy anthing

Post by Susan Bradley - aka E-bit » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

To those who are launching these "spam" type postings in this newsgroup
that cause me to have to unsubscribe and blow up my newsgroup....would
you please cut it out...If you think I am EVER going to buy anything
from you guys you are full of it.  This is a resource for people who are
trying to maintain and support networks ...not a medium for selling
stuff.  We will lose this valuable resource if you guys don't cut it
out!

I know I am merely talking to the wind as you guys will still do
this...but at least my venting helps me.

Go peddle your stuff somewhere else

Susan Bradley

If you think I am going to buy anthing

Post by Mariett » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Quote:> To those who are launching these "spam" type postings in this newsgroup
> that cause me to have to unsubscribe and blow up my newsgroup....would
> you please cut it out...If you think I am EVER going to buy anything
> from you guys you are full of it.  This is a resource for people who are
> trying to maintain and support networks ...not a medium for selling
> stuff.  We will lose this valuable resource if you guys don't cut it
> out!

I have submitted an abuse message to the originating ISP which is Quicknet,
a free of charge ISP. The user should be cut of now but because of the
nature of free ISP's he will be back in no time.

Bye
Mariette

If you think I am going to buy anthing

Post by John » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

There is not much you can do about this...it is just aggressive marketing such as those banners when clicking on a specific Internet site...I really do not like this kind of postings (as you don't like this either)...those guys who are posting this really do not monitor the replies, they are just sitting behind a desk waiting for the money to come in...there is always one who connects to their Internet sites...just remember when there is a demand for something, there is a supply for it...stop buying and it will stop...

(Don't) Have fun!

  To those who are launching these "spam" type postings in this newsgroup
  that cause me to have to unsubscribe and blow up my newsgroup....would
  you please cut it out...If you think I am EVER going to buy anything
  from you guys you are full of it.  This is a resource for people who are
  trying to maintain and support networks ...not a medium for selling
  stuff.  We will lose this valuable resource if you guys don't cut it
  out!

  I know I am merely talking to the wind as you guys will still do
  this...but at least my venting helps me.

  Go peddle your stuff somewhere else

  Susan Bradley

If you think I am going to buy anthing

Post by Dan Harmo » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

When I get *e-mail from vendors I simply respond letting them know that
I never buy from spammers.  I know it does absolutely no good, but it does
make me feel better. :)

If you think I am going to buy anthing

Post by Dave Nickaso » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

You need to be careful not to send them something that lets them know you
got and read their message - you'll only earn yourself a more permanent
place on their spam list.

> When I get *e-mail from vendors I simply respond letting them know
that
> I never buy from spammers.  I know it does absolutely no good, but it does
> make me feel better. :)

If you think I am going to buy anthing

Post by John » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Yes, and those guys do not monitor at all. Best practice is to block the senders list with for example the Hotmail's Inbox Protector. It is just working great! You can also use Hotmails "Block Sender" feature. In newsgroups, this won't work of course. With other mail programs, you can use rules...

  You need to be careful not to send them something that lets them know you
  got and read their message - you'll only earn yourself a more permanent
  place on their spam list.

  > When I get *e-mail from vendors I simply respond letting them know
  that
  > I never buy from spammers.  I know it does absolutely no good, but it does
  > make me feel better. :)

If you think I am going to buy anthing

Post by jimmy john » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Quote:>Yes, and those guys do not monitor at all. Best practice is to block the

senders list with for example the Hotmail's Inbox >Protector. It is just
working great! You can also use Hotmails "Block Sender" feature.

Quote:>In newsgroups, this won't work of course.

outlook express newreader supports the BLOCK SENDER feature

>With other mail programs, you can use rules...

>You need to be careful not to send them something that lets them know you
>got and read their message - you'll only earn yourself a more permanent
>place on their spam list.

>> When I get *e-mail from vendors I simply respond letting them know
>that
>> I never buy from spammers.  I know it does absolutely no good, but it
does
>> make me feel better. :)

If you think I am going to buy anthing

Post by Dan Harmo » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Quote:

> You need to be careful not to send them something that lets them know you
> got and read their message - you'll only earn yourself a more permanent
> place on their spam list.

Oh, I only send it to places that are halfway legit.  Those who MIGHT
actually care (not likely, I know, but....)

If you think I am going to buy anthing

Post by John » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Then I guess I am "more than very satisfied" with my Outlook Express 5.5 newsreader.

Thx Jimmy!