Event Log Question

Post by Frederick Johnso » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

How do I disable print entries from the event system/application log?
Everytime someone prints, it goes in the event log, and by the end of the
week, it's full and causes problems with the fax service. I set the event
log settings to overwrite in 7 days and to hold up to 512K, but that hasn't
helped.

Beth Czenkner

Event Log Question

Post by Rowena Pade » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

This needs to be done from the Printers Folder.  Open the Printers Folder
(but don't go as far as double-clicking on the printer icon in the folder)
and select File and then Server Properties.  There will be an Advanced tab
on the Print Server Properties dialog box that displays where you can check
or uncheck boxes for spooler warning, error and information events.  It's
the information events that you want to get rid of I believe.

Hope that works.

Rowena

Quote:> How do I disable print entries from the event system/application log?
> Everytime someone prints, it goes in the event log, and by the end of the
> week, it's full and causes problems with the fax service. I set the event
> log settings to overwrite in 7 days and to hold up to 512K, but that
hasn't
> helped.

> Beth Czenkner

1. Event Log Questions

I am having no particular problems with this, but I have been wondering what
these mean and I figure ya'll can shed a bit of light on it.  First, in
event viewer, System log:

Every 30 minutes there is an information notice Event ID 3012, source Rdr
(which I assume is the redirector).  It says "An unexpected netowrk error
has occurred on the virtual circuit to COMPUTER9.  (don' you just love my
creative names for my clients?) This computer is an old 486 running Win95
that serves as a fairly dumb dial-in host to the file system we use at our
business.  There seems to be no problems, everything works fine, but this is
filling my log.  The nearest thing I could fine in the KB was something
about connecting to a Win95 user-level share from an NT machine in a
different domain.

Next one:

In the Applications log, there are a sequence of event ID's: 179,180, then
1221.  I have found the KB article (Q195914) that sort of explains it to me.
What I want to know is, after 179 and 180 run, 1221 reports that "The
database has 0 megabytes of free space after online defragmentation has
terminated."  Should I have free space there?  If so, about how much? And
what is in this database, or what should be?  Sorry to be so "DUH" but I was
just wonderin'.

Thanks!
JimmyR, MCSE

2. help with form to database

3. Administation question (To log on or not to log on, that is the question:)

4. Trump memory

5. Basic Question About Security Event Log

7. Event Logging (Easy Question)

8. What is meant by Series 5 "Classic"?

9. Event log Errors, NBF Event Id 9011 errors !!

10. 100's of "Event ID ( 9997 ) in Source ( MSExchangeMTA )..........." in event log.

11. Event Log filling up with event 1010

12. Event ID 1000 and 1202 Repeat Every 5 Minutes in the Event Log

13. System log event warning: event id # 1011